Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Footwear for rec/speedball

Hidden Hippo

Feb 15, 2011
London
Hi everyone

After my first time playing in ages at the weekend, I've come to the realisation that my footwear is not appropriate. I was wearing AstroTurf boots which slipped a lot when wet and caused quite a bit of discomfort. This is more likely those specific shoes, but irrespective I need some new shoes.

Thanks to my health insurance I do get a discount on some footwear at my local running shop, so I'm looking at perhaps getting some trail shoes as an option as these would seem to give a good balance between comfort and stability.

Does anyone have suggestions on any other sorts of footwear I should look at? Are specific paintball shoes actually worth the mark-up?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Paintball specific, and any name branded sport specific boot has a markup for the name and the 'special features'

After deciding if you need ankle support etc then it depends on the surface, if it's soft mud then you expect to slip and slide in anything
If it's Astro turf or real grass turf then the right kind of cleats & studs help for the right surfaces and the right type of movement you are doing, eg boots are recommended for the woods and multi surfaces, holes, roots etc, the ease of some form of general sports boot gives you a light boot, and some form of grip. If you're going to sprint and expect to turn on a sixpence then you need ankle support

To summarise - some form of football boot with the right cleat / studs for where you are playing

One of our guys lives practically next door to a bike shop, so spots all the deals in everyone's sizes

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
image.jpeg image.jpeg I have magnum boots for the woods - and a variety of other boots

Adidas for Astro turf - because i had a football mother pick them for me as general use for the surfaces I described

Exalts for grass - because I got an exalt bargain
They were also used yesterday when photographing the super5ives. Hence the fresh mud, I didn't fall over in the mud and I was able to grip on the grass to run down the side chasing players making final moves

The exalts are highly comfortable, but walking on gravel or paths gets studs in my soles. They obviously aren't meant for that

chester

Jun 11, 2013
football boots or astra depending on the surface, inside paintball astro turf boots are fine