Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Fraudulent activity by a buyer/WARNING TO ALL MEMBERS

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I bet he is wishing so bad now that he had just refunded the money and not lied in the first place
I bet he couldn't give a toss
From the reports on the experience people have had dealing with him and his parents I would say they are not 'normal people'.
Normal people would not do it in the first place, the nearly normals would say 'oh dear, I'm sorry - it was a mistake' and give back the money
I suspect there will be an admission of guilt, but an inability to pay resulting in low value installments

However the originator will get the pleasure of a day in court and a minor victory of being in the right

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
So out of curiosity this is a Civil Matter held at a Magistrates court infront of 3 Justices? Or am I way off?

(Edit: Or a Small Claims Court - If the final sum's below £500?)
Technically spreaking there isn't really such a thing as a small claims court, the hearing would have been at a County Court, probably heared by a district judge, its normally you, the defendant, any witnesses that are to make statements, both parties legal representatives (if they have them) and the judge sat around a table.

I've been to one that was in a court room like you see on the TV, the defendant didn't show up so it was just me and the judge in there (don't ask how I managed to lose that claim!).

"Small claims" is one of the tracks a claim can be allocated to, the value is currently anything under £10,000 tends to go on the small claims track unless the circumstances are particularly complicated.

Reactions: Jim Jam

Jim Jam

Dusty's #1 Fan!
Jan 4, 2012
Horsham, West Sussex
Technically spreaking there isn't really such a thing as a small claims court, the hearing would have been at a County Court, probably heared by a district judge, its normally you, the defendant, any witnesses that are to make statements, both parties legal representatives (if they have them) and the judge sat around a table.

I've been to one that was in a court room like you see on the TV, the defendant didn't show up so it was just me and the judge in there (don't ask how I managed to lose that claim!).

"Small claims" is one of the tracks a claim can be allocated to, the value is currently anything under £10,000 tends to go on the small claims track unless the circumstances are particularly complicated.
Okay, thank you for clearing it up - I only ask as Courts (Procedures, Staff, Terminology etc.) are a part of my College Course (Uniformed/Public Services) so thought it was worth asking about it.
Thanks again!

Hope this gets sorted soon (to keep it relevant.)

Reactions: Canon Fodder

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Okay, thank you for clearing it up - I only ask as Courts (Procedures, Staff, Terminology etc.) are a part of my College Course (Uniformed/Public Services) so thought it was worth asking about it.
Thanks again!

Hope this gets sorted soon (to keep it relevant.)
No worries, I've been doing commercial recoveries day to day for the last 8 years.

Reactions: Jim Jam

Harbinger

DO NOT DO AS I SAY / POST / JOKE ABOUT
Jan 14, 2014
The Royal County
Any update on a new date at all for this? such an Epic thread.
For the record on courts, I got done for Speeding years ago ( 2010 ) 51 in a 30 so instant court case, turned up 6 months later and they had no idea who I was, so I got sent home and the next day I had a wanted card through my door telling me not to go on holiday, new court date 2 weeks later, turned up, yet again they have no idea I was supposed to be there, so I'm a right fugative at this point, 3rd time lucky I got 6 Hero points and a £400 fine.
Justice systems admin skills are truly shocking, they need to outsource to India I think.
Think the family are in for a shock when they see their legal bills and yours, I hope you hired an Expensive QC to handle the matter.

DRxFelix

Durka Rabbits
Jan 14, 2014
Sunbury on Thames
I've just spent the best part of 40mins minutes reading this thread

EPIC!

I salute the team on P8ntballer. This truly is the best thread ever!

admin

Administrator
Jul 2, 2001
Paperwork and delays. Due to the court cock up ive had to resubmit various bits of paperwork and now have an ex-parte hearing for a judge to confirm the changes...