Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Freak boring

olliewidd

Jul 5, 2012
Just wondering if there's anyoneout there who can bore out a barrel to accept freak inserts?

Cheers

renie

Mar 2, 2008
not worth the hassle, to get it done professionally it would be cheaper to buy a proper barrel ;)

deaallen

Nov 4, 2010
Basingstoke, Hampshire
ah, but what if you're happy to pay to get it done professionally? I'd rather fork out and get my Bob Long barrel bored than buy an aftermarket barrel which doesn't match my marker (the most important thing about paintball is how you look after all) :rolleyes:

gommie404

gommie404
Sep 29, 2008
london
? who started the barrel boring,,and it dont get much better than when i do it,,

its just if you want full inserts it gets costly as that has to be reamed,, to bore something that long would end up in a taper as cutting tools bend over that length,, and no you can not drill then out,,as the drill gets hot expands
and welds its self in side the barrel,,
but over the years i have found that shorter inserts are far better,,as you can run paint tighter,,with out it breaking.. in a full inserts you cant run paint tight as the seam splits..

think champayne cork.. a cork travels at well over 300 fps,,but,, if you like its barrel the bottle neck is only 2 inchs long,,think about it,,

boring out barrels is not to bad cost wise,,like 25 quid,, but reaming..takes ages,,
so you would bore a barrel for a full insert,, then you would have to ream it to get rid of the taper..
every thing in the marker place is what we call a though drill,, ie they are drilled from one end to the other right,
think freakback is has a hole that gos all the way from one end to the other,, no reaming needed. as these are drilled not bored,,
any thing that takes a full length insert is made this way,, its cheaper and you can do it on a cnc machine,,
im a tool maker..so all my parts are one off my hand,,and reaming,,i hate it as it takes to long,,

but not all barrel can take inserts lads,,as some barrels are made from really crap metal that wont machine.and some barrels are just to thin on the barrel walls,,some there would be no barrel left,,
if you see what i mean,,

Reactions: G4z

olliewidd

Jul 5, 2012
Well the barrel i was thinking of was given to me by Steve Whyteleaf of the UK Predators and was the barrel he used on his Sniper II during the Preds glory days. I would sooner send my mother to a whore house than run the risk of destroying a piece of history like that.

Reactions: cwkotw and Spikerz

gommie404

gommie404
Sep 29, 2008
london
er mate its a barrel,, and the predsmm great team,,with two coats on,,,oh markus is gonna hate me now,, he he..
and the last time i saw ralthy he was dressed llike a german playing a scenario game,, no really,, he he

good days,,

but if all we are talking about is barrel boring why does it have to be this barrel,,seems like your waisting time ,,asking about barrel boring then you say you dont want it done,,im confused