Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Freak boring

gommie404

gommie404
Sep 29, 2008
london
he he this is so cool,,
now i have bben told,, that there is a winkypedia < i may have misspelt that > on my name..

also you can just type gommie404 into google now to find me,,,oh oh its going to my head,,
year right,,theres a goomie page on face book and im not even on face book,, oh dear

olliewidd

Jul 5, 2012
er mate its a barrel,, and the predsmm great team,,with two coats on,,,oh markus is gonna hate me now,, he he..
and the last time i saw ralthy he was dressed llike a german playing a scenario game,, no really,, he he

good days,,

but if all we are talking about is barrel boring why does it have to be this barrel,,seems like your waisting time ,,asking about barrel boring then you say you dont want it done,,im confused
No I was enquiring as to whether it could be done and as ive now been informed that it has a high fail rate Im not going to put a barrel that I like at the risk of destruction.

renie

Mar 2, 2008
The success rate does seem a lot higher across the pond, and looks like those doing it do a very professional job! shame about the shipping costs though
If you actually look at the fit there not that great ;) not 1 I've seen has put orings in to stop the insert from twisting ;)

deaallen

Nov 4, 2010
Basingstoke, Hampshire
Yeah I also noticed that, apparently they leave between 0.005-0.010 of the insert sticking out the back of the barrel to help keep the insert in place. Obviously not as good as having an oring though.

I was seriously considering getting my bob long back bored but after looking into it was just easier to buy more backs in different bores :rolleyes: Unfortunately bob long Europe cocked up my order so after about 4 months I'm still using a deadlywind barrel :(

gommie404

gommie404
Sep 29, 2008
london
No I was enquiring as to whether it could be done and as ive now been informed that it has a high fail rate Im not going to put a barrel that I like at the risk of destruction.

er ! , who told you it has a high fail rate seeing as im the only one who doe,s this kind of work,???????,, im the only person left running a machine proshop,, pretty much in the world,, so ,, it would be nice to know who told you of any fail rate,,
as in 15/20 odd years of boring barrels i have never had a fail,,?????

gommie404

gommie404
Sep 29, 2008
london
Yeah I also noticed that, apparently they leave between 0.005-0.010 of the insert sticking out the back of the barrel to help keep the insert in place. Obviously not as good as having an oring though.

I was seriously considering getting my bob long back bored but after looking into it was just easier to buy more backs in different bores :rolleyes: Unfortunately bob long Europe cocked up my order so after about 4 months I'm still using a deadlywind barrel :(

buddy i really like the deadly wind stuff,,, its very very well made,, and you have to leave a tiny tiny bit hanging out the back of the barrel,,
when you bore inside,, the part where the insert will meet the barrel,,< not the bored bit > this part is machined to a sight angle,,, this is also the same on the insert,, when the two angles meet.. they jion when under pressure..
the pressure come from screwing your barrel into your gun body,, if you see what i mean,,

very important,,

olliewidd

Jul 5, 2012
er ! , who told you it has a high fail rate seeing as im the only one who doe,s this kind of work,???????,, im the only person left running a machine proshop,, pretty much in the world,, so ,, it would be nice to know who told you of any fail rate,,
Ok 'fail rate' was probably the wrong term to use but you yourself admitted that drill bits can get stuck and metal can warp etc etc. Im merely saying that if theres a reasonable chance of damage to the barrel then id rather not risk it

renie

Mar 2, 2008
tbh I've seem some nasty attempts out there, and of course it is easy to f*ck up! its machining end of the day lol and anything can happen.
I have access to more CNC machines than most ;) and ive made a few scraps over the years lol.. fortunately not on paintball gear :)

I've done it on 1 of my barrels but in my opinion it takes too long and is not cost effective, maybe because I super fussy?? I also put a rear o-ring groove in :)
its a lot easier with carbide coolant through drills ;) but there not cheap :(