Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Front Player Tips

Jun 12, 2002
Camb's
www.your-ass-is-grass.com
FAO, whover started this thread??

Front players used to be no brain, hit the 50, run through, mow people head cases.

But now, the game has evolved over time to where a front player cowering in a really hot barricade doing nothing but scream at his team mates can win a game, You may have got their attention so badly they will have 5 or more guns on you, the rest of your team will be laughing at you but not as much as you will be laughing at the opposition as your team mates shoot them up!

If you are playing at a fairly low/mid level another good trick to make the 50 is this, Help your back centre guy (if you have one) mow a lane or two, then you'll see where everyone slides in, and being a novice team they will smash into the ground/bunker and spend a couple of seconds sorting out their mind/gun/limbs, then you can (with a bit of luck) leg it to the 50 or even their 40. This tactic is kinda null and void when you start to play better teams as they will be shooting the **** outa you as soon as they hit their primary, but I started using this a bit recently and its stopped me getting shot to **** on the break, just remember to pick a blind spot, crouch down if you have to!

SLIDE, superman for all you are worth, remember, keep your marker safe, it costs money to fix your marker, your body fix's for free, thats what the NHS is for :) You'll find it easier to superman in a game than it is to practice, but persist at it and eventually you'll stop sticking your barrel in the mud (sorry matt :D )

And when your a 33 year old front player, get used to walking like a cripple for a few days after a tourny, or play mid

Laterz

FAMINE

Pretty boy
Jul 10, 2001
Cambridge
www.teamapoc.co.uk
As headshot said :)

As a front you dont need to hit the 50 on the break, there is usually a 3 or 4 second lull just after the break, make your run then.

Remember you dont have to shoot anything, if you are sat on thier 40 taking paint from 3 people, then thats 2 of your guys without paint on them who can move freely. So just sit tight and have a smoke or look at the scenery :)

Oh and as far as headshot said about having brains, its a lie. Ya need to be stupid to play front, i mean who in thier right mind would do all that running in a hail of paint just to satisfy a stupid idea from the capt. about hitting thier 30 on the break ;)

Hmmm, 35 year old front player who does not ache after tournaments and I am the captain whose stupid idea I am following.

All of the above, definately being able to use both hands is a great advantage as some high level teams still cant do that. Always be thinking PROFILE, PROFILE, PROFILE, try to build a mental map of where the opposition is and practise being able to hit your bunker shooting.

Running and shooting, wrapping your bunker... pretty much every skill has to be sharper as you are in the oppositions face... Oh, and no fear... hesitation = elimination

ChiZZerS

not read anyother posts, so sorry if ive repeated

im not a fast runner (bit sad really as im a front palyer) but as Dark Warrior will tell you, im very rarely shot off the break :D

this is my way of getting where you want to go...

for explanations sake, im going directly to the snake ;)

the marshal shouts game on,
(you should already have your approach planned from walking the field but anyway...)

remeber the futher away you are from the end off the oppositons barrels, the harder it will be for them to shoot you, and the paint will be less likey to break.

i run as far as i need forwards so im not running all the way behign the back bukneks, and when i get to a certan point i go directly side ways so im in line with the snake.. now this is where you start getting low to make a dive.

keep an eye on the back player on your side and dive ringt into the outside of the snake and get as far up as possible. this way you can see the sides of some fools (espechily on the otehr side of the field)

keep comunicating with the back player on your side, you need his help to keep the back player off you.

idealy you want the back player out compleately freeing you up to wrap around the outside of the bunkers

im tyred and have no idea how much that made sense, ive just typed away... lol