Dec 21, 2008
Nottingham, UK
For sale is my Tippmann X7 Phenom, bought 11/01/10 serial number 2258

Comes with:
  • UF X7 Car stock
  • UF X7 MP5 sliding stock
  • X7 low profile hopper
  • Carry case
  • Red dot sight and red laser (both might need new batteries)
  • Barrel cleaner
  • Barrel sock
  • Some allen keys and a couple of O-rings in the mag
  • Original packaging

(keep reading for the price)

I last went paintballing over 5 years ago and this lot have been sitting in my loft ever since. Unfortunately I ended up using the marker only a few times and I think its condition reflects this, there are rubbing marks where the sliding stock has caught against the marker body and the selector indicator (red bullets) is rubbed away other than this the marker is a really clean example. Its been opened up and lubed several times over the past five years just to maintain it if i ever went paintballing again but I'm finally accepting the reality that I won't play again so deciding to sell up. I've dry fired it occasionally to make sure everything is up to scratch ad it works like a charm every year I blew the dust off and fired it.

PLEASE READ
There is a problem with electric mode selection. In semi auto (mechanical mode) this marker fires no issues and goes as fast as you can pull your fingers however in electro mode the marker will frequently fire in full auto/burst (whatever you set it to) before misfiring, the soleniod is firing but no air going theough the grip. The reason is to do with the firing pin becoming loose from the brass nut in the flex valve, see this video from Tippmann explaining how to repair it:

I have tightened this brass nut and reinserted the firing pin with a smidge of lube but the problem will soon reappear. Short of using loctite to keep it in place I don't know how to resolve it and having only used the marker around three times at actual paintball events I gave up trying to fix it and put it in the loft never going paintball again (this wasn't the reason I quit in case you're thinking!). I've never had any other issues wit the marker, it was brilliant. When it was working at full chat the times it went to events I had it in full auto on burst fire and would get told constantly by marshalls to take it out of full auto (mode not permitted at these events), i had to show them that it was burst fire but I was quick on the trigger meaning a constant stream of paint causing someone misery!

With this in mind I am selling the marker as faulty, you can use it in semi (mechanical) mode no issues all day long if you so wish but to get the marker to work in electro mode without eventually misfiring you will need to rectify the firing pin issue. For reference each time I tightened the brass nut up the misfire went away and I could be in full auto for a random amount of time before it misfired.

Electro modes are:
  • Three round burst
  • Safe full auto (default mode)
  • Response (fires on trigger pull then when trigger is released, 2 for 1 basically)
  • Turbo (15bps)

I would prefer someone who was buying this came and collected so they could bring some air and paint (and a 9v battery) and fire this in my garden to see the issue I'm talking about so that they're happy they know what they're buying and accept the issue it will come with. I've been completely honest and fully expect I will get nowhere near the money this marker is really worth with a bit of TLC but I frankly don't have the time nor patience to fix the underlying issue.

I'm located in Nottingham, I could post if you so wish but I'd have to come back to you with a p&p estimate.

Price for the lot is £150 [exc p&p]