Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

G6R Questions

Discussion in 'Tech Troubles' started by S3AN, Dec 24, 2016.

1. S3AN Active Member

S3AN
    Message Count:
    Hey Guys,

Just purchased a G6R and was wondering what people use for lube, I know dow 55 is recommended but i'm having trouble finding any here, could someone point me in the right direction or to a good alternative to use?

Thanks for any info :)

2. GRIMLOCK Well-Known Member

GRIMLOCK
    Message Count:
    Dow 55 can also be found under molykote 55 I believe

3. S3AN Active Member

S3AN
    Message Count:
    Thanks for the reply @GRIMLOCK the only luck i;ve had so far is on amazon for £40 which seems a bit over the top for what it is

4. GRIMLOCK Well-Known Member

GRIMLOCK
    Message Count:
  5. S3AN Active Member

S3AN
    Message Count:
    Care_Bears likes this.
  6. maxxon Member

maxxon
    Message Count:
    They recommend DOW55 because quite frankly the tolerances might be a bit loose and they're trying to compensate for it by using the 55 to swell the o-rings. This may cause problems in marker maintenance because you may have trouble putting the same o-rings back in.

If you don't problems with leaks, you're probably ok with plain DOW33 -- or any standard "paintball grease". I got that on my G6R.

DOW55 is really intended for static installations where all the o-rings are replaced every time the device is opened/dismantled for maintenance. Makes tons of sense for expensive equipment that's opened only for yearly maintenance -- maybe not so much for paintball.