Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Game plan

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
Tom, you could do a lot worse than to look at http://www.p8ntballer.com/classroomcontents/index_tournament.shtml for tips. In particular, the article on fieldwalking and the one on 7-man tactics should give you some ideas.

Of course, it's one thing having a game plan, and another thing altogether being able to execute it. Especially in today's game, where everything is getting faster, there's not much time to go through a set plan like there used to be. It ends up boiling down to primary and secondary bunkers for each player, followed by mopping up the stragglers. With a really tight team you can try to execute set plays (in X ball this is more feasible) but often there are too many variables and things that can put a hole in your game plan, so you have to plan for contingencies, such as falling back, filling key bunkers when you lose players, and locking down the field when you're outgunned.

CAMPBELL

Killing for the Lucky15's
Aug 28, 2003
NUNEATON
Visit site
i think its difficult to make a game plan unless youve walked the field for ages and even then if one of you gets took on the break you plan is fooked !

but like rabies said just have a primary and secondary

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
Originally posted by CAMPBELL
i think its difficult to make a game plan unless youve walked the field for ages and even then if one of you gets took on the break you plan is fooked !

but like rabies said just have a primary and secondary
er no....

if you've done it properly, if one of you gets taken on the break someone else knows to bump into their posisition to fill it plugging any and all gaps....

general rule of thumb: if you think it's a key bunker then the oppisisition more than likely think it's a key bunker. you either need to get there or stop the oppisisition getting there...i.e. through lanes of paint, posting a guy on it etc

Jon S

London Faction
Sep 22, 2003
London
www.jaysto.com
As Robbo would say, the only real element you can directly control is the breakout. Figure out your primaries, how many guns are going to be up at the break, and then use techniques to take it on from there.

Only exception seems to be X ball, but like Campbell says, there you have weeks to study the field layout, and the repeated games means you need some kind of tactics to keep the other team guessing.

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
It does help having a lot of time to walk the fields. Knowing where you're going and what to do when you get there is always a good start.

Then having gone thru a plan for what to do if each player doesn't make it to there bunker, player A is elimininated, so player B knows he has to cover the front player now as well as watching the snake, until player c moves up etc.

But plans for the end game are a bit harder to pin down as you don't know who you will have or who they will have. But you can look at likely last-man bunkers, usually on the back line and see which bunkers have good angles on them and where the blind moves are. But having practiced 2-on1's and 3-on-1's will help with this.

CAMPBELL

Killing for the Lucky15's
Aug 28, 2003
NUNEATON
Visit site
er no....

if you've done it properly, if one of you gets taken on the break someone else knows to bump into their posisition to fill it plugging any and all gaps

well i thought that was obvious, the point i was trying to get across was that you cant allways rely on your plan things can go wrong.