The Home Of European Paintball

gaming net connection help

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
Hey guys.

For the last few days I've been experiencing horrible connection speeds when gaming on the xbox.

Not got a clue why, all was running nice and smooth before. The xbox is on wireless hooked up to my BT homehub.
I've tried my usual trick when the router is playing up, unpluging it and the plugging it in again which always resets the NAT to open.

Here is a speed test done on my PC which is hooked up via ethernet
http://www.speedtest.net/result/472813294.png

If anyone could help i'd appreciate it as i am sick of seeing "Connection Interrupted" every time I try and shoot pubescent American terrorists

Tar

Jack

Codiak

GWC 2010 #23
Dec 2, 2004
Newcastle
www.codiak.co.uk
your broadband speeds over a cable link look fine 3.8m/bit down and 300k/bit up

try using a different wireless channel, channel 11 is usually the default and may well be giving you grief if your neighbours have gone wireless and are also on the default channel, as they will be polluting the airwaves so to say.

Tempted

Feb 3, 2009
I had the same problem with xbox wifi so sacked it off and hardwired the house instead :)

Arkitech

Star in the hood
Feb 28, 2008
had the exact same probs, main bt point in the kitchen and the tv in the living room. wireless is poor so i just got some powerline ethernet products from netgear, the xeps103, got 4 of those now across the house and never looked back. You need 1 on the router then the rest where ever you need a connection. Got 2 at the telly, 1 upstairs.

You can also get some with 4 ethernet ports instead of 1.

Codiak

GWC 2010 #23
Dec 2, 2004
Newcastle
www.codiak.co.uk
if you have a pc or laptop with wireless download net stumbler to tell you, if you and your neighbours are using the same channel (frequency) it will be detrimental to your own wireless signal in the home. Myself I have 2 nerby networks on channel 11, and 6 on channel 1, so im using channel 5 to steer clear of them.