Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

getting fit

pooboyx

Banned
Dec 17, 2005
Visit site
mate if you live near a beach then i suggest that you run along the beach for an 1hr or 2. that will help. i have a marine fitness guide which i can post or email a copy to you if you want?

impamiizgraa

Platinum Member
Feb 6, 2006
pooboyx said:
mate if you live near a beach then i suggest that you run along the beach for an 1hr or 2. that will help. i have a marine fitness guide which i can post or email a copy to you if you want?
Running along a beach for 1 or 2 hrs is not gonna help paintballing what-so-ever!!!

Paintballing is all about short bursts of speed...slight stamina, but games rarely go over 5 mins really and dont include long periods of running.

Try spriting training, doing shuttle runs or similar. What Rosie mentioned earlier bout sprinting/jogging alternatley is good.

One me n mates tried...not really recomended, but i guess it would work...is put a tread mill on a couple of km/h slower than you're full out sprint...stand leg either side of the belt as it moves, then jump on (running immediatley!!!) for 20 secs, then jump off...
as you can tell, this could easily result in painful injury!!! but is all good if you do it properly...(may give your local gym staff a fit thou!!! :D )

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
running machines are so rubbish. You can run on one for ages at a higher speed n just take long steps, i'm 6 foot 2 and had real problems with this, as soon as i finihed my gym fitness course and started road running (meep meep:rolleyes: ) it was sh*t, stay off the running machines mate will make you feel alot fitter than you are and not help as much as running around a field :)

thehouse123

mighty boooosh
Jan 6, 2006
i find a trampoline pretty good for fitness.
a good hour on it gets me nicely knackered and feeling quite sick after.
if you can do flips on them etc... thats a good workout, works on muscles you didnt even know you had!!!
and of course the gym is where its at! :D

section 8

doggy dog...
Feb 24, 2006
southampton
Visit site
impamiizgraa said:
Running along a beach for 1 or 2 hrs is not gonna help paintballing what-so-ever!!!

Paintballing is all about short bursts of speed...slight stamina, but games rarely go over 5 mins really and dont include long periods of running.

Try spriting training, doing shuttle runs or similar. What Rosie mentioned earlier bout sprinting/jogging alternatley is good.

One me n mates tried...not really recomended, but i guess it would work...is put a tread mill on a couple of km/h slower than you're full out sprint...stand leg either side of the belt as it moves, then jump on (running immediatley!!!) for 20 secs, then jump off...
as you can tell, this could easily result in painful injury!!! but is all good if you do it properly...(may give your local gym staff a fit thou!!! :D )
and get your membership revoked!!!!