Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Getting into PSP

JammieMan

Jan 25, 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
Hi I wanna start getting into understanding the paintball pro scene, does anyone know any good websites to watch / get news on the PSP events? Also not sure how the team world ranking's work do they just enter open events throughout the year like Dallas Open and rack up points that way?
Is it all US based or is there events in Europe as well?

Thanks in advance, I know this post may sound a bit stupid, it's just I don't find the psp site very clear to someone who literally knows nothing about the scene.

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
The PSP is the biggest series in the US and the standard is also the highest. Paintball Access cover the events (small charge for the webcast, but they do add all sorts of stats and suchlike and would be a great first point of call.
Over here, the Millennium Series is Europe's biggest series and has it's own free webcast, which is also on their youtube channel after events.

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
The only locked divisions in the PSP are the Pro Champions and Challengers Divisions, all the other divisions are open on a first come first served basis. The season consists of 5 events culminating in World Cup in October in Florida,

There is a PSP affiliate league in Europe, the CPS though it is not as big as the Millennium Series.

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
While Slava is a very likeable and engaging character he and his Mrs run the show on their own with very little industry support. Having seen their operations first hand they ran a good event and my summary is that it has the feel of a regional tournament but with teams from across Europe. Due to the strength of many national leagues in Europe entering CPS is a bit of an indulgence or for some teams a way of sticking two fingers up at the Millennium Series! CPS needs a lot of support from both industry and teams to get bigger, Slava has managed to keep operating costs down by using existing facilities but for more participants it would mean higher operating costs and that would inevitably push the entry fees up. Those teams who currently see it as value for money might then change their minds.

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
After playing the CPS for a season, I have to say I was disappointed, to say the least. It advertises and promotes itself as an international event, but quite simply it is not and will not be one the way that it is currently run.

Teams were lacking, about 60 teams at best in Rome. The reffing was hideously inconsistent. A few great refs overran by the rest of them.
Existing venues can't be used for international events... Air dying and leading to hours and hours of delays, sites pushed into the ass end of nowhere, trade stands being non-existent... It just didn't have the feeling of an event worth travelling 26 hours to. Not going to lie, the only event I enjoyed was Rome, it was a decent-ish location with pizza.