Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Getting Way Too Cold!!!!!!!!

Brianguard16

Nov 11, 2001
Indiana, USA
Visit site
Where I live, it's getting pretty cold, andI heard that C02 tanks don't do to well in the cold. I talked to a guy and he said that you need nitro tanks to play in the cold. Is this true? Also, what about expansion chambers? I heard that those help with the cold too. Help. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Expansion chambers help somewhat. However, Co2 and cold just don't mix well. You'll get all kinds of crazy inconsistencies in your velocity, and sometimes markers just stop working. Period.
Air systems are not effected by the cold. Something else that is effected by cold is the paint. The paint will go bad real quick in the cold.

Good luck.

Emerson

no longer a newbie
Nov 10, 2001
Indiana, USA
So, does that mean that we really can't play when it's really cold out unless we drive 100 miles to an indoor field?

Mador

lurkin' in a dark place
Aug 7, 2001
Selby ...near York.
Visit site
Make sure you store you marker upright between games...that way CO2 will not get into the marker....bad news..seals go and it will be a pain to rectify.

Best advice get an air system for your marker....easy to use easy to maintain and no chance of you smeggin' up your marker..

Mador