Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

GI buying KEE?

Mugged2Much

Dead Meat
Jul 11, 2013
Sweden
Yeah, it's all over the pball forums. However, I haven't seen any official statement about all this - just forumites getting their panties in a bunch. Did I just miss it, or?

emisnug

"I am Become Death, squeegier of Worlds"
Oct 10, 2011
Middle of bloody Nowhere
I think it's more a case of wait for both companies to confirm what is happening before speculation runs rampant. This rumor pops up every few months.

Although, that being said, if it does happen - hello paint monopoly.

Reactions: Mugged2Much

emisnug

"I am Become Death, squeegier of Worlds"
Oct 10, 2011
Middle of bloody Nowhere
OK, I was wrong - not a rumor anymore.

GI Sportz is pleased to announce that it has acquired KEE Action Sports. The acquisition brings together two industry leaders and multiple iconic brands providing an unparalleled product line to the dealer/field base with the best customer service in the paintball industry. With the acquisition of KEE, GI Sportz has brought together a management team comprised of seasoned industry leaders and players with a primary goal of passionately promoting and growing the game of paintball.

“I am extremely excited about this deal as we have now completed the team roster that this industry needs to bring it back to the success of earlier years. The industry has needed a plan to turn it around and I believe this acquisition will be the catalyst in revitalizing the industry I love!” commented Richmond Italia, Chairman and CEO of GI Sportz. “From day one, GI Sportz has been built around its passion for paintball and is vested in the success of the industry. With the addition of the KEE product lines and committed staff, GI Sportz can focus more of its resources on creating a healthier and stronger paintball landscape.”

olliewidd

Jul 5, 2012
Gi buying out Kee certainly promises good financial support which in turn creates stability but I worry if GI were to pull out/go bust/move on from paintball would we then lose all those companies that its annexed?
Also does this mean that those companies cease to produce their own products and sell solely GI stuff. What would happen with Empire paint? Would that cease to exist due to being a direct competitor to GI?
Always hard to accept change without some misgivings but hopefully it will bring us bigger and better things

olliewidd

Jul 5, 2012
Gi buying out Kee certainly promises good financial support which in turn creates stability but I worry if GI were to pull out/go bust/move on from paintball would we then lose all those companies that its annexed?
Also does this mean that those companies cease to produce their own products and sell solely GI stuff. What would happen with Empire paint? Would that cease to exist due to being a direct competitor to GI?
Always hard to accept change without some misgivings but hopefully it will bring us bigger and better things

Mugged2Much

Dead Meat
Jul 11, 2013
Sweden
I'm not knowledgeable by any stretch about these matters, but I'd guess that G.I. will take care to maintain the brands that they acquired. It's the only sensible way to go... maybe close down the brands/branches that aren't doing well, and strengthening others. To relabel everything "G.I." would just be a waste of money and create distrust in the community.