Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Girls do you wanna play??

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
OK going slightly off topic here, but maybe something to consider in an all-female team: Somehow, (and we've already established that i'm crap at biology so don't ask how..) females living in the same house or spending a lot of time together after a while become synchronised in their monthly cycles. So Useless, you might be right.

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
Pete:

I was talking about EXISTING female players - not people off the street.

The 7 female players I have in mind are all really close to Pro level - a couple of them already there - which is why 3 months would be more than enough.

It might take YOU 6 months however :D:D:D

Anyway - it's all semantics.... as nobody is going to give anyone the budget for it anyhow.

As for people off the street - males do have some advantages in terms of physique - but I think females on the other hand have some advantages in terms of attention to detail.... so it's all down to what kind of paintball you want to play.

I think the reason many female teams and players are not that successful, is because they are trying to play like men - instead of focussing on the things they are genetically better at in terms of paintball (and I'm not talking about strutting around in a bikini - you dirty boys ;))

FLC is the first team to truly embrace the concept of focussing on the female strengths - and that is why they are vastly more successful than other female teams.

Nick

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Nick Brockdorff
Pete:

I was talking about EXISTING female players - not people off the street.

Surprising as it may seem, I was actually fully aware that you were referring to EXISTING female players, I was qualifying in a general sense.

The 7 female players I have in mind are all really close to Pro level - a couple of them already there - which is why 3 months would be more than enough.
It might take YOU 6 months however :D:D:D

The pro level you refer to is a rather wide spectrum of abilities in the Millennium and I do not think there is one female who yet can consider herself to be as good as 'real' pro player.
If there was, why ain't there any pro females?

And the reason it would take me six months as againt your three, is because I would be successful in doing it Nick :)

Anyway - it's all semantics....

If you had then added ...'and opinion', I would have 100% agreed with you.
Let's agree to differ Nick as is so often the case when you enter into debates with others.
Peace

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
PMT

(This is Lemon, not Lump, as I can't get my account to work for some reason!)

Finally, someone has pointed out the female aggression button!! Although the 'PMT switch' is a button that gets pushed accidentally just by being near it, breathing on it or looking at it! we can (and do... ask andy B, lol) tap into that endless supply of aggression when on a paintball field (well i do anyway!).

I didn't even know a woman could be this aggressive and it's exactly the reason I would rather play men than women...the thought of 7 of them with pmt AND markers in their hands coming at me would scare the cr*p out of me, and I'm a woman lol.

Okay - let me put it in another way: When looking at the number of male and female paintballers, how would you rank them skill-wise on field? I actually truly believes, that you will find a bigger percentage of the females being good/solid "ballers" than you will amongst the males!
Totally agree! :D But seriously, the statistics will probably show this, as any girl who trys pb will soon realise the effort and commitment needed to be any good will mean no life outside paintball and it seems that in general, men are more conditioned to devoting most of their life to a sport, compared to women who often think it's a waste of time... I know I did until I found pb!

Maybe that is solely due to the fact that less females actually do enter this sport - it takes more for them to keep going, so once they do they are even more determined to be "good" than the males.......
Absolutely! I put far more effort into proving I can be as good as a man than I would into proving I'm as good as other women! Perhaps its a gender thing or maybe I'm alone in this reaction due to an extremely competative streak, who knows...

The reason in my mind for the lack of women playing pro has a lot more to do with a smaller player pool. Women face the same challenge, in essence, that Europeans face versus Americans~ there are more Americans than Euros, there are enormously more men than women.
Well of course! Anyone who can do simple maths should agree with this... Add that to the fact that (generally) men have been brought up with guns as toys and women with dolls and teddys (yeah alright, I wasn't one of them and I know it is a generalisation but you get my drift) means it takes a certain type of female to take up and be serious about this sport, compared to men to whom it should be natural, therefore there is never going to be an equal amount of each sex but it also means the quality of the females that stick at it should in theory be better. Thus, in time, when pb is more widespread, there should be some female pro ballers...its simple maths!

So...the females, were not generally in need of "Killer Instinct", whereas the Males were.
Hmm...What about the mother 'instinct' protecting her younglings? I'd like to see any man compete with that. In fact, if it were possible to compare which would be more potent, I wouldn't mind putting money on the survival instinct being a touch stronger than a killer one... Maybe us girlies and our need to 'survive' in a male dominated sport is what gives us our edge, and if there were enough of us to pick the best from we could actually prove it! ;)

Stump Lump 0.5 (formally known as Lemon) :D

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
PMT

Originally posted by lump

Hmm...What about the mother 'instinct' protecting her younglings?
Brilliant! We should get rid of flags, as some have already suggested, and instead have an infant at each starting box. The objective, instead of capturing the flag, which is abstract, should be to capture the baby!

ShelleyHicky

Shelley Farmer
Oct 22, 2003
London
skeet shh! I see you have made your point, and I see most people disagree. I'm afraid I do too, I studied anthropology for 3 years at uni and there are plenty of sexist/feminist journals that relate and contradict your views from the world of prehistory. I won't bore everyone with those.

However, Paintball wise ...women who choose to participate in paintball at a tournament level are 'usually' the 'go for it', adrenalin junky, sporty types. In your posts skeet you are genarlising too much, the point is everyone is different, no matter what sex you are. People want different things from paintball, and the girls in paintball seem to always want more from the game, because there is not one pro female out there - it is untapped territory for the girls :D (Apart from Joy Spittle from the UK Preds back in the early 90's of coarse!;) )

The more girls playing the sport, the quicker we will see girls playing in the top levels so...

If the amount of girls within the sport equaled half the amount of guys. Then just imagin how big the sport would be...
You are right Rental - back to your post - good luck to you in getting an all female team together!;)

And to the girls out there interested, ignore the banter and points of view over this subject - just get in touch with Rental and go play some ball:D :D :D

Peace;)