Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Giving in to the temptation...

Edward Jones

Jun 16, 2016
Always wanted to play woods ball on a regular basis rather than just days out with friends so will be buying a full starter kit next week and hopefully be out next weekend.

A lad at work who I've just found out is into it has been the last push I needed to get my wallet out, he's recommended a Cronus tactical kit from a local supplier near us, BZ Paintball, will also be playing on their site too. Is anyone else local/been before?

Cant wait to be getting out now!

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Haven't been to the site, but know the bz people
Don't feel constrained by the defined starter packs. Have a chat with the guys and they will put you together a deal, that way you can benefit from things that are more comfortable etc and still get a good price

Have you played only punter paintball so far or also had a go at a walkon. Look up the 'what paintball costs' thread and see the variety of paintball around with styles to suit all wallets.

http://www.battlezonepaintball.co.uk/walk-ons/

Back to the package, chat with them about what co2/air cylinder to get - I recommend a 3000 psi cylinder to starters (co2 is only any good on punter only sites that run co2, and you may as well just use the site one, 4500psi has advantages when available but 3000psi is perfectly fine and is actually the best vfm)

Have you had hands on with a few guns? Wander around their shop or chat with people at a walkon and check out the variety
So called speedball guns are actually the best ergonomics for paintball and still available in that style to suit beginners pockets

Goggles are totally personal. Try some on

Hopper, pod belt or vest, and anciallaries are all to be considered.
As a minimum I would not recommend a basic gravity hopper. As a minimum go for a shelf assisted one, but ideally an electric force feed - which does not have to be top of the range, a halo is ideal (not strippable in seconds like the top ones, but keeps up with anything people can shoot)

Edward Jones

Jun 16, 2016
Cheers for the reply, Just punter days so far as for anything else I always assumed your own gear was required, will have a look through the link now thanks.

As far as I'm aware BZ only supply air on their sites and their package comes with a 3000psi bottle so that should be perfect for what I need.

Yeah i was in the shop a month or so ago, I sometimes found a speedball marker a bit awkward for playing woods ball which is why I'm looking at the tactical version, if this doesn't work out I can still remove the stock and put a normal barrel on it so best of both worlds really, I'm hoping anyway.

Edward Jones

Jun 16, 2016
I was surprised at how different the fit was between different makes of masks, V force grill seemed to fit the best and I've found a nice one in the for sale section just hoping it doesn't go before I can PM the seller.

Cheers for the advice mate.

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
I'm local to BZ, play on their sites and also for their sup air team Lethal Bizzle :)

Best thing to do rather than buying a marker straight away is find out when the next walkon is (3rd July I think) and head to that, you will meet loads of guys with their own gear and ask to try it, you will get an idea of what you prefer from doing that.

Most important thing to get is a decent mask as being able to see what your shooting at no matter what the weather is like is key.

Paintball can be an expensive sport, so think about your budget and try to stick to it so you have enough money to play often.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
.... Just punter days so far as for anything else I always assumed your own gear was required.
In theory walkons and events are for own gunners. But renting gear isn't impossible and is actively encouraged by a lot of places for people making the move from punter to walkon so that people make the right buy first time for them
(Too many people have bought everything from day one, didn't feel right for them and stopped going after a couple of games)

Give them a call to confirm

Edward Jones

Jun 16, 2016
I'm local to BZ, play on their sites and also for their sup air team Lethal Bizzle :)

Best thing to do rather than buying a marker straight away is find out when the next walkon is (3rd July I think) and head to that, you will meet loads of guys with their own gear and ask to try it, you will get an idea of what you prefer from doing that.

Most important thing to get is a decent mask as being able to see what your shooting at no matter what the weather is like is key.

Paintball can be an expensive sport, so think about your budget and try to stick to it so you have enough money to play often.
Thanks for the advice mate, are you heading over on the 3rd?

I've found a mask in the for sale section I like and it fit well in the shop so will be buying that when I can contact the seller if it's still there.

What gun/hopper are you using? Guessing lethal bizzle is a speedball team rather than woodsball?

Excellent idea who ever came up with that name btw

Edward Jones

Jun 16, 2016
In theory walkons and events are for own gunners. But renting gear isn't impossible and is actively encouraged by a lot of places for people making the move from punter to walkon so that people make the right buy first time for them
(Too many people have bought everything from day one, didn't feel right for them and stopped going after a couple of games)

Give them a call to confirm
Thanks mate I will call the shop/site this afty and head to the one mentioned above.

Think most people have an idea of how addicted they're going to be so spend fortunes to only use it a few times and then it sits in the cupboard collecting dust, that's what happened with me and my enduro bikes anyway lol