Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Grease for 98 custom

Bowerz

Dec 29, 2013
Southampton
So, just had my second hand 98 turn up, first thing I noticed is that it had a fair amount of mud in it so stripped and cleaned. I already had O ring kit and oil, but I have found cleaning it out I have cleaned all the grease out with it. What grease is needed and where SHOULD it be applied? Haha, rather than all over the place like I found it! I have various grease in the garage, copper, jcb nmuematic grease etc, does it have to be paintball/marker specific?

Thanks!

olliewidd

Jul 5, 2012
So, just had my second hand 98 turn up, first thing I noticed is that it had a fair amount of mud in it so stripped and cleaned. I already had O ring kit and oil, but I have found cleaning it out I have cleaned all the grease out with it. What grease is needed and where SHOULD it be applied? Haha, rather than all over the place like I found it! I have various grease in the garage, copper, jcb nmuematic grease etc, does it have to be paintball/marker specific?

Thanks!
To be fair mate you dont need that much grease to make these puppies work. Apply oil/grease to the bolt and any metal to metal bearing surfaces and that should be fine. No need to grease the powertube or bolt really. And quite frankly the bugger would still have worked full of mud, they're utter workhorses lol

Bowerz

Dec 29, 2013
Southampton
I know they take a beating, but with it being second hand I like to just give them a clean and strip down so I know exactly what's going on in here and don't get any scares when firing top for the first time!

Everyinchtheanimal

Feb 19, 2010
Our site guns just get a strip and clean when it starts double firing (sounds like the sear is broke/machine gunning) but a few (and I mean 2-3) drops of oil into the asa works a treat to keep it lubed up internally.

Everyinchtheanimal

Feb 19, 2010
You can put a bit of grease on the sear spring to stop it going rusty NOT on the sear or hammer as this will cause mis fires! I find just a few drops of oil in asa gas it up without barrel the fire it through for about 40-50 shots, that should do the trick.

Reactions: H

Bowerz

Dec 29, 2013
Southampton
Thanks for that Onasilver bike, very helpful! I got the marker back together last night in the end after a decent clean and it seems to cock and release nicely still and I know there's not a bunch of crud up in it and no bodges or something that looks like it's going to fail so I'm happy :)