Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Gtek vs Gtek 160R vs Geo 3.5

PoloRolo

"We Kill Suckers" - Russian Legion
Dec 4, 2015
West Yorkshire
So I recently sold all of my gear and I need to assemble myself a new setup, so I could go to tryouts and training. And since I'm a Planet Eclipse fanboy I'm looking at these 3 markers. I have done a little bit of research about these markers, but didn't find many answers to what are the specific issues, how well they hold up etc.
If I was to buy a gtek or gtek 160R I would probably buy a brand new one.
So if anyone has experience with these markers can you give me a little bit of advice on them? As to what are their issues, which one performs the best and whether I should look in to other markers in a similar price range? (I obviously want to spend less, but 400-700 would be my limit)

Schmickle

Sep 11, 2016
Chester
Hey mate, I have a Geo 3.1 with IV core which I really liked, but found that there was better out there for me (an RSX Shocker), but if you are set on a planet gun I would say go with a 3.5 because its a higher end marker which is a bit older, but has all the features of a high end! But I'd saw the best advice would be to go to your local field and ask people to try out what they have and get a feel of them, because peoples opinions and likes and dislikes may be different to your own! Hope this helps :)

PoloRolo

Dec 4, 2015
West Yorkshire
Hey mate, I have a Geo 3.1 with IV core which I really liked, but found that there was better out there for me (an RSX Shocker), but if you are set on a planet gun I would say go with a 3.5 because its a higher end marker which is a bit older, but has all the features of a high end! But I'd saw the best advice would be to go to your local field and ask people to try out what they have and get a feel of them, because peoples opinions and likes and dislikes may be different to your own! Hope this helps :)
So what did you like so much about RSX Shocker that got you off the 3.1? performance side of it? maintenance?

Schmickle

Sep 11, 2016
Chester
So what did you like so much about RSX Shocker that got you off the 3.1? performance side of it? maintenance?
Heard lots of good things about it, loved the looks, comes with a freak barrel so inserts can be used, I really like the ergonomics and how light it is as well as the trigger. Just preferred it, but it isn't huge differences really they are both great but came down to a few little things if that makes sense!

PoloRolo

Dec 4, 2015
West Yorkshire
Heard lots of good things about it, loved the looks, comes with a freak barrel so inserts can be used, I really like the ergonomics and how light it is as well as the trigger. Just preferred it, but it isn't huge differences really they are both great but came down to a few little things if that makes sense!
Yeah, makes sense, personal preference, ill make sure to check it out though :D you never know

Reactions: Schmickle

Schmickle

Sep 11, 2016
Chester
Yeah, makes sense, personal preference, ill make sure to check it out though :D you never know
The splash colours are really nice as well ;) Although for around £700 you could probably get a CS1, which I like more than the shocker ahah!

GRIMLOCK

Jun 18, 2011
my brother has a shocker and it is a lovely gun but im not overly fond of planet guns anyway, they are very robust but not particularly interesting or smooth.

PoloRolo

Dec 4, 2015
West Yorkshire
my brother has a shocker and it is a lovely gun but im not overly fond of planet guns anyway, they are very robust but not particularly interesting or smooth.
Yeah they probably aren't the most interesting guns, but I just feel like the fact that there is always demand for them and they are produced in UK just makes it easier to maintain and deal with, because im still fairly new, if i break a part of an eclipse it will be easier to find a replacement than something like a Bob Long.

Reactions: RST and Schmickle

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Of the three mentioned, I'd go Geo every time. You'll lose money buying a new marker, and the Geo will give much better bang for your buck.
Always good tech support from Planet at events (they tech'd my 08 and 07 Egos at Campaign this year!) and their service direct is good.