Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Gun Control

John Molloy

Jedi Master
Jan 9, 2002
Manchester
ukjaguars.com
Has anyone noticed recently in the Media the constant repetition of the phrase "ban replica FireArms"? This is an interview with members of the GCN, this comitee was formed after Dunblane by parents of children shot at the time.

http://www.parliament.the-stationery-office.co.uk/pa/cm199900/cmselect/cmhaff/95/9121409.htm

What they are basically saying is that they want a total ban of anything that looks like a gun and air weapons to be licensed so that no-one under 18 can own or use them. We are in the flash zone of any legislation that could come out of this and where we wouldn't lose the sport still we would lose a considerable number of players. what are your views and is the UKPSF aware of this?

Incidentaly a poll in the Manchester Evening News Online came out %87 against a ban.

Smally85

Super5ives 2010 Champions
Originally posted by John Molloy
Has anyone noticed recently in the Media the constant repetition of the phrase "ban replica FireArms"? This is an interview with members of the GCN, this comitee was formed after Dunblane by parents of children shot at the time.

http://www.parliament.the-stationery-office.co.uk/pa/cm199900/cmselect/cmhaff/95/9121409.htm

What they are basically saying is that they want a total ban of anything that looks like a gun and air weapons to be licensed so that no-one under 18 can own or use them. We are in the flash zone of any legislation that could come out of this and where we wouldn't lose the sport still we would lose a considerable number of players. what are your views and is the UKPSF aware of this?

Incidentaly a poll in the Manchester Evening News Online came out %87 against a ban.
Uh Oh!!! That really dosen't sound too good! Under 18s not allowed to use 'air weapons'?? Well thats a fair chunk of the paintballing community out the window!
How likely is it that markers would be banned under this legislation? If the UKPSF isn't aware of this they need to be told quickly! Maybe they can do something about it!
You said a 'total ban of anything that looks like a gun' would markers fall into that category? I think it is a possibility, I took mine into college once and the teacher nearly had a fit! Some people can't tell the difference.:(

Hmm a poll in the Manchester Evening News... would this be a little biased? :D :D :D

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
Possibly the important quote from this interview is the following, from Mrs Marshall-Andrews, referring to gun sport:

We hope it will be seen in the next millennium as being an outdated or, perhaps, an old-fashioned sport and people can find other ways of testing their marksmanship through lasers and non-lethal sorts of weapons.
The people being interviewed here are campaigning against the holding of lethal firearms, specifically as a reaction to Dunblane. On the whole, I and many other people in the paintball community, agree that it is difficult to argue for weapons designed to kill, except for practical use by farmers, etc. Now if this organisation represents the extreme viewpoint in this country, paintball is actually in a very rosy position, because it sits exactly where this organisation advocates the move towards, i.e. non-lethal marksmanship sports.

John Molloy

Jedi Master
Jan 9, 2002
Manchester
ukjaguars.com
In another interview they (when asked) stated that "anything that resembles a gun" should be banned but also stated that Air Weapons should be put under greater control with the 18 limit on licenses.

I will try and find the interview and post it on here.

NBR

Tiger Army 1st Battallion
Oct 1, 2002
London
Visit site
Admittly the country is going gun mad at the mo with the increase in gun related crime...

But the other thing these anti-gun protesters are going for is if there are toy guns( airsoft, pball markers ) avaliable to be sold... that they should be brightly coloured... so the police can recognise a real from a fake...

But then it only takes one numty to spray a real gun bright pink to avoid getting shot by the police...

There is a way to cover our arses so it does not get banned...

Weapons that are banned by the government are weapons that they feel excessive...

Fully auto's were banned after Hungerford...

Pistols after Dunblain...

I don't think anyone has done a massacre with a double barrel shotgun ( correct me if i'm wrong ). But even if they did walk down oxford street shooting people with a double barrel shotgun. Shot guns would still NOT be banned...

Two reasons

1/ There are thousands and thousands of shotguns unlicenced in this country... and are owned by our farmers... they do not neccesarly need a licence to own a shotgun... Coz it is still law that a farmer can shot you if you are on his land... Only after he has given a warning.

2/ Look who use shotguns... The royal family... They all love to hunt... and any ban would effect them too... so shotguns will never be banned... Everyone in power to make the laws of the land is involved with shotguns...

so hence coz you never saw the queen hunting for a fox with an M16 and a M203 slung underneath... and a pistol tucked down her long john's... they got banned!

And our way to cover our arses...

Get one of the young princes heavly involved in pball ( i know one of them had his birthday party at a pball site ). But get them to play for a team... then we would be a bit more secure...

2p------> !plop!

crom-dubh

WHATEVER...
Sep 9, 2001
watford
Visit site
Yeah but they could still change the laws which would harm paintball. they could increase the age of ownership or usage to 18. Or even have licences for PB markers. I know its an infeasable thing to do but how many people have been stopped by the police and questioned about their markers?

The shotgun laws could still be tightened up as well. You may need to register and have on your licence every shotgun you own.

Hotpoint

Pompey Paintballer
what are your views and is the UKPSF aware of this?
Yes the UKPSF is aware of this and has been monitoring the situation for some time. The document you linked to dates from 1999 and I've seen it before a couple of times

FYI nbr Semi-Auto rifles were banned after Hungerford. Full-Auto has been illegal in the UK since the Firearms Act 1937

The problem with banning/restricting Air-Weapons is the fact nobody has the slightest clue how many of them are about in the first place. Banning handguns was a far easier task as they were already licensed

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Originally posted by nbr

2/ Look who use shotguns... The royal family... They all love to hunt... and any ban would effect them too... so shotguns will never be banned... Everyone in power to make the laws of the land is involved with shotguns...

so hence coz you never saw the queen hunting for a fox with an M16 and a M203 slung underneath... and a pistol tucked down her long john's... they got banned!

Sadly, if anything that would be MORE likely to get them banned! The current government is doing it's best to ban all hunting with hounds right now, and that must be just about the favorite sport of the Royals.

}{y8ri|)

PainTBall DOes ThiS To Me
Jan 31, 2002
uk near a Tower
Visit site
Well lets see!
This country is run by a bunch of money grabbing Soft Pu**ies
Ban this,Ban that,Cant do this till certian age what a load of Sh*te!

I mean banning paintball marker how stupid!!!!
1.would it not be pretty dawn hard to kill someone with a marker?
2.ppl who spend like 1000,s on equipment are going to wanna play proper paintball and not waste there money doing drive By,s and shooting old grannies:confused:

So what is the Problem
It boils down to To**ers in the goverment that know nothing about life so get back to your statly home with your big dogs and shotguns O and nearly forgot You endless supply of Whiskey

Soon to be Banned CARS,BIKES,KICHEN UTENSILS,STONES,BRICKS,SCREWDRIVERS,ALL SPORTS EQUIPMENT.....etc...etc....etc ENGLAND=NO COMMON SENSE STUPIDLAWS

SORRY to go on but it just Suckzzz

CHEERS BATTY