Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Gun Control

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
The point is, this is England, it doesn't matter what the law is today, they could change it over the weekend if it would sound good in the Sun. We've just got to make sure that no one starts banging that particular drum, all it takes is one crusading MP who needs a cause to take media focus away from his fraud or adultery. The UK works differently to most other countries, just look at the Ricin scare, just in time to make the terrorist nations look bad before we start carpet bombing them again. Ricin is from the castor bean, you can make it in your kitchen, it's not a super-weapon it's G.C.S.E chemistry. That's the way our country works, we may well end up on the receiving end of a crusade. Enjoy it while it lasts, then emigrate with me.

Graham-DV8

Girlz,Booze & Balling....
Nov 12, 2002
North East, UK
groups.msn.com
I agree with it not been a super weapon...my paper (Daily Mail) even told you how to make it (like 1-10 of instructions) so if its that bad then I dowt they would be telling ppl in the Uk how to make it.

JoseDominguez

Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Don't get me wrong, it's lethal, flu symptons at first, then lots of pain, then dead within 3 days, it's just very easy to produce, not really proof of super-terrorist cells at work. Also, it's got to be administered directly to be fatal. And anyway, the daily mail missed out a step, (responsibly) and I aint telling you what.
Ricin-fill anyone?

JoseDominguez

Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Yup, that's the same stuff, just a different part of the plant. Same with lots of plants, potatoes have poisonous bits, rhubarb leaves are poisonous and apple seeds contain a very small amount of cyanide. Scary innit?

northern monkey

token northerner
Aug 13, 2002
The Mighty 'Ford!
Visit site
Just to get back on thread!!

JohnJ said
The home office are fully aware of paintball markers and do not see them in the same class as air rifles.
That may be true but as far as I am aware the Law, as written, covers markers under the same rules as airguns. Unless a specific paintball exception is written into any new laws, we will still be covered by anything they come up with!

The home office may love paintball (even have their own team!) but if the law is badly written and rushed through parliament it wont matter as it will then be up to the judiciary to interpret the law. (and we all know how rational judges are!!!)

One of my other earlier points covered adult supervision, what number of adults would be classed as adequate? 30 fifteen year olds running round with markers on a site with 30 marshals?? (extreme I know but laws have a tendency to be impractical until a test case sets a precedent!)

I am also sure that Radio 1 news mentioned a ban on airguns powered by air "capsules" (12grm CO2??)

Obviously I am being slightly paranoid in my thinking but it is defiantly something we should keep a close eye on!:eek: :eek:

DANDER MAN

Sep 30, 2002
norfolk
The wedge gets hit agian

education education education some one remind the govemnet of that slogan they got in with.... (ps i know i need more for my spelling)

the new laws (private members bill) has been banded about a we while but they just happen to blow the dust of it now.... yea right it was unworkable then and is now... but they started with the thighter gun control and drove it under grown... god any one with the net can get a gun in the ****ry no problem...

as far as the airgun and gun like wepones what is being said and enfesized are the words "in a public place" and 'under supervision" this is going to effect reck baller with perimtion to use local woods... errr. you did perimtion guys right!!!!!

two men got put away today for holding up a post office with two bits of lead pie taped together to look like a gun..... look out plumber your next..

:mad:

JoseDominguez

Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
That's my point, if a bloke can get shor for waving a chair leg at coppers, then what hope do we have? Markers do sort of look a bit like guns don't they. Anyway, if it happens I'm off to America, be years before they ban pball there, gotta ban the explosive, venom tipped armour piercing live ammo first.
Next UK ban: Baguettes and all other large bore baked products.

Bully

Jul 12, 2001
Rochdale UK
www.playpaintball.co.uk
Gun Laws

There has been a lot of "information" spread about the intended ban on air weapons. Since I missed all of the press witch hunt because I have been on holiday, I felt I had to get up to date on the situation. Below is a link that will explain the Govt' ideas not the press idea. It is informative take a look

http://213.121.214.245/n_story.asp?item_id=329

Yes there will be changes and yes it could have repercussions for the paintball market but if the UKPSF continue to put our point to the Home Office then the effects if any should be limited to the age restrictions (purchasing and ownership). We will continue to monitor the situation.

Support the UKPSF by joining www.ukpsf.com

Steve