Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Gun Shooting 3 Balls+ At A Time

BSwitzer

Jul 10, 2001
california
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I hope you can all help me with this problem that I have... I have a Spyder TL+ and I have played with it a couple of times. A couple of weeks ago when i first got my gun and I went to my local feild, I went to get chronoed and I couldnt get my gun below 310fps. The guy there said to go have some of my striker spring cut off. I went up to the front and they cut some off. Well those dumb****s didnt know what they were doing and they cut off too much. For the rest of the day i was shooting at 240fps and couldnt get it any higher. Well my knew striker spring is on the way in the mail. But now is where im having a problem. After I had finished cleaning my gun I went to the backyard to make sure everything was working properly. When I put the CO2 onto my gun it let out alot of air. The o-ring had broken. I put a spare one on and went outside. I pulled the trigger and about 4 balls came shooting out. What I want to know is if this is happening because im really low on air or if it has something to do with the spring or if there is anything i could have screwed up when i cleaned it.

Hope You Can Help Me With This Problem
-Brett-:)

confuzzed2

Scrub
Jul 10, 2001
Bossier City, Louisiana
It sounds like your gun is new, and if that is the case can you take it to the store were it was purchased and ask for help? If not then hopefully the new spring will set you straight. If that doesnt work ive got a mag ill sell ya. :) Good luck, I know its frustrating dealing with a gun that isnt doing its job.

oli

Jul 11, 2001
surrey
on the side of your gun should be whats known as an anti double ball feed . If this is defective in soome way it can effect the number of balls fired in one pull of the trigger!!!! when you stripped you gun did you remove a small piece of rubber that protudes into the breech of the gun ??? cos thats it ! Have a look at it and check thats it's still there and also that it's not looking damaged! if either get on the phone to where you bought it from and get a new one !! hope this helps a bit
oli

Rebes

Jul 22, 2001
www.spyderzone.net
I agree with oli, it's probably a damaged or missing anti double feed nub. Check under the metal plate on the left side of the marker... there should be a small rubber nub there, pointed into the tube.

Small bore paint COULD do this, but it would have to be VERY small.

To find more information and people focused more on the Spyder, come over to the Spyderzone and chat it up a bit!

Rebes
www.spyderzone.net

Zinq

Jul 8, 2001
Texas
Visit site
Well yeah

Its the striker.But the new Spyders as in TL's,Shutters,Extra's, and Piranah's do that.My old spyder finaly did it and well it does that now after 4 years and im getting it fixed tuseday.But yeah its the striker.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Jeez Zinq, will you give it a rest? I read a couple of your posts, and they're all about slacking off the striker. Obviously you don't have a clue what you're saying, cause if the striker is FUBAR, you don't shoot a couple of balls with one shot, but other bad stuff happens. I think most of us got your point after your first post.

Zinq

Jul 8, 2001
Texas
Visit site
.....I put it in what like 2 posts? And it was two different ppl needing different information but it still fell in there that they needed to know.And i do know what im talking about because it happend to me and thats how i had to fix it.

Zinq

Jul 8, 2001
Texas
Visit site
Ahh ****, when i said that about piranah's i ment it was the sear that whent out on those.My striker did go out on my spyder still but whent i typed it for the piranah i ment the sear.Thats what my friend keeps haveing to replace.Of course hes buying a new gun now, hes getting a decked out rebbel.I keep telling him to just buy a used mag or cocker but nooo he wont listen.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Don't take what I said to personally. First, I wrote it in the morning (grumpy ******* time). I knew it was the sear you meant, it's a common problem with Piranhas, but overall they're pretty good markers (for their value). The reason I got a bit PO'd is because I always hit the check new posts button, and all I saw was some person slacking off piranhas (probably signed on just after you did your postings):D . So like I said, don't take it personal.
For the rest, welcome on board mate!