Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Gym workout.

Gibbsey

NoOneLikesUsWeDontCare!!
Nov 18, 2003
Kent, UK
www.swarmpaintball.co.uk
Not a very interesting post im afraid :)

Basically ive recently been going to the gym, attempting to work on my physique, geared specifically towards ballin'

Just curious as to what peoples routines are?

Ive got a basic routine but im looking to make it much more comprehensive.

ollgeeze

Elsham eagles frontman 8)
Apr 11, 2005
solihull west mids
Visit site
If your working out mainly for paintball reasons then i recon you want to do mainly cardio excercises ie: runners, rowers and bikes, and then the main muscle groups you use in paintball are your Quads and abdominals and i find occasionaly after a hard days ballin the lat's and rhomboid muscles can ache a little though i dont know why :eek:

Might wanna try those :)

Darren.Clan

rockin' the corner :}
May 25, 2005
alexandria
www.paintballalexandria.com
could do some plyometrics as its made for explosive reactions. personally. i work on my chest and arms. rugby look after my legs...

thinkg is tho if your working out you have to have a good diet too mate if you want to see any changes.

Darren

impamiizgraa

Platinum Member
Feb 6, 2006
Get a sport-specific workout plan done by one of the instructors at you're gym...most of them know what they're tlking bout and it is useful. Jst doing it once should be enough to know what kinda things you need to be working on...

just a thought...

chrismrgn

Platinum Member
Oct 20, 2004
Over there ->
Visit site
Anything cardio wise is good for balling, everytime i come back from a days balling my quads are aching as i play rugby so i aint built like an ethiopian runner!! So running/rowing/cycling (especially) and squats with real light weights so you build up your stamina in ur quads, as thats pretty important.

Ohh and armcurls an situps, but they aint gona help u play ball, thats gona help u pull :p

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
impamiizgraa said:
Get a sport-specific workout plan done by one of the instructors at you're gym...most of them know what they're tlking bout and it is useful....
Sorry mate but you are wrong 99% of Personal trainers know very little. I have spoken to some whose ideas on training are actually laughable. And encase some of you are not aware you can become qualified personal trainer in 2 days with no previous experience. Good coaches with good qualifications are VERY hard to find!!!

Gibbsey

NoOneLikesUsWeDontCare!!
Nov 18, 2003
Kent, UK
www.swarmpaintball.co.uk
cheers guys.

I will get a personal training sesh lined up and see what they come up with even if i only take parts from it.

Whats plyometrics? ive heard the term before. Explosive speed is definately a large part of what im after.

Tommeh

Reading Enity
Mar 20, 2005
Nr Bath
www.freewebs.com
well go jogging an even u are every so often sprint for abit then instead of stoppin keep joggin endurance isnt very key to paintball its mostly about make really quick moves like break outs an bumpin to another bunker.

jokersmoker

Machine Gun Turret
Oct 11, 2003
omnipresent
Visit site
Tommeh said:
well go jogging an even u are every so often sprint for abit then instead of stoppin keep joggin endurance isnt very key to paintball its mostly about make really quick moves like break outs an bumpin to another bunker.

mate, that sentence makes no sense at all!!

If you are serious about going to the gym for "paintball fitness" then i would work on cardio vascular and general fitness for speed. I mean seriously, when was the last time anyone playing 7 man sprinted more than 2/3 times, and for more than say 10 seconds? ****Breakout to primary then onto secondary, with the occasional mug chucked in****
Hope that helps.:)