Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Has anyone else just been locked out of classifieds?

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Guys,is this not a bit harsh?
I've had the same problem with threads being removed in the offered / wanted section.
I use an iPad for forum browsing and its a right pain to take / upload a photo to photobucket with slow Welsh broadband,when you are just responding to an advert,to see if people are interested.
I responded to an advert once by saying
" I've got one,ill post photos if you are interested" I waited for a response,but got nothing ,which I thought was a bit rude,its only when I checked back and found my reply had been deleted!
As you can imagine I was a bit miffed.and informed Foot.
If people are interested in what you are offering then of course you should provide a proof picture ,named and dated.
If you are selling then of course the rules apply.
I think it just drives people to PM and then back to forum to conclude the deal.
I know I'm not a mod and haven't had to deal with fraudulent activity.
But in my experience,every one I have dealt with on this forum has been beyond reproach.
I'm on the forum at least twice a day and read most threads.
Dusty I know you frequent British Blades,they have good rules in the sales section,they try to run it like a gentleman's club.
I'm just expressing my opinion .
Please don't ban me!

Might seem a bit harsh but believe it or not I was done over by Lumalee on BB a couple of years ago to the tune of nearly £200 and was basically told that there was nothing they would do beyond closing his account. Lumalee, one of the most trusted members on that site who agreed to buy a passaround flashlight and I sent it on trust before payment was made. Because poor lumalee's dad was ill and Lee's business was going to the wall he got a lot of sympathy but eventually couldn't back up his claim that he had sent payment, refusing to provide a paypal transaction reference or screenshot or email proof.

You and I have dealt before because I know we can trust each other, Foot doesn't know you but I might have left your post up.

What you aren't seeing is that Bowerz was given 2 or 3 friendly warnings on his profile page and STILL decided the rules didn't apply to him.

The Mods here do this for free, we have our own stuff to deal with and people coming on the forum being downright disrespectful towards us isn't fair at all.

I've bought markers off this forum without even seeing a photo before, back in the good old days. Unfortunately times have changed.

Reactions: phil-boy

LimaBravo

Banned
Apr 2, 2014
What you aren't seeing is that Bowerz was given 2 or 3 friendly warnings on his profile page and STILL decided the rules didn't apply to him.
Just would like to make a comment here as I knew this would happen as soon as I got banned. Previously, ONE warning was given and it wasn't exactly 'friendly', you just deleted my post.o_O

And to be banned for being disrespectful, I'm a not an aggressive or 'angry' person. Go ahead and read the rest of my posts, I'm here to enjoy a hobby and not create enemies or cause issues for anyone. I was first simply querying my ban from classifieds, but the sarcasm and attitude I got back from Foot did get my back up a bit as i couldn't see the need for it, and then rightly or wrongly gave as good as I got!

Eventually after a 'discussion' I accept yes I didn't read the rules after being asked to on one previous occasion fair enough. As i said, I assumed them to be like most other forums. I appreciate they are there for protection but as I said previously and as Magic Rat has echo'd, doing that when you initially are querying interest of a trade isn't the best but fair enough, if them be the rules. And also in regards to using an iPad when posting photos, as i use this mainly when browsing and posting in forums and i'm sure other members do, would a simple phrase of 'sorting photos currently, please give 5 minutes grace' at the end of the post suffice?

I understand you all do this for free and it is by all means appreciated, as I said i ran my own for 5 years with over 3,000 active users, I understand you get some people who are just abusive non stop and are an issue, I can assure you I am not one of those and apologise if i've offended anyone in my short time here. :(

I will remove this account after this post so no need to ban this as well and I'll serve my one month ban. However, if you decide from the above that you do wish to reinstate my other account, please PM me on that.

Liam :)

Edit: I can't find a way to remove the account, so by all means ban or delete this as I don't plan on using it.

Last edited:

Dusty

May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I'll leave the post but the account is banned. You were disrespectful in this thread. Fair enough you got ONLY one warning..... we don't have to give any so consider yourself special.

The rules are there for everyone's protection, abide by them or find another forum where the rules suit you better because p8ntballer will be no worse off with or without you.

Magic Rat

Swansea Draguns
Nov 21, 2012
Carmarthen
Thanks for the reply Dusty,I fully understand the situation .
Sorry to hear about your problems on BB.
Couple more thousand posts and ill offer to be a Mod and feel the pain.
I hope Bowerz comes back after his ban,don't know him but seems a decent chap.
We appreciate the unpaid work a mod does and the frustrations that causes.

Dusty

May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
No worries Rohan :)

Don't ever volunteer to be Mod, trust me! Unless if course you like hate Mail and death threats :whistle:

southernP8nt

Aug 20, 2008
Just my $0.02 here, and while I'm half expecting a ban for saying them I do feel that I have been a member on here for long enough to have an opinion, and I have bought and sold a decent amount on here too so am familiar with the rules.

The rule in question which caused this issue was "Rule 4) All items for sale/trade must have photos with username and current date! and be hand written".

Now obviously it's a very simple rule, but to me it does fall down in the case that we've seen here. It's something that is seen plenty of times a day in the "wanted" section of the forums. Somebody is after an item, and other people who haven't got anything listed up for sale post up in reply saying they have something that the OP might be interested in, without posting any pictures of said item.

Now to me that seems fine, and doesn't go against the rule. The way I had always understood the rule was that if you were actually posting an item up for sale or trade then you had to post up photos, but you could ask if somebody was interested without doing so. I've done it in the past, when I've seen somebody wants some kit and I've got something similar, just putting up a message saying what I've got and asking if they are interested, without putting any photos up, simply because I couldn't see the point in posting up proof photos if the person in question had no interest in the item. If they were interested then of course I would put up photos before attempting to proceed with any sale, but when just seeing if there might be any interest, well before the stage where any money changes hands, I never thought it would be breaking any rules by not including photos.

Personally I would say that the rule needs to be expanded, to make it clear that you can't even mention that you might possibly have an item for sale/trade if somebody is interested without having to post pictures to accompany it, and for the mods to actually enforce the rule uniformly. Just looking through the first page of the "wanted" section right now there are at least 7 different people who have posted up a "I have x item here if you're interested" posts without attaching any photos or proof of ownership pictures, and not one of them appears to have had any action taken against them.

Dusty

May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Just my $0.02 here, and while I'm half expecting a ban for saying them I do feel that I have been a member on here for long enough to have an opinion, and I have bought and sold a decent amount on here too so am familiar with the rules.

The rule in question which caused this issue was "Rule 4) All items for sale/trade must have photos with username and current date! and be hand written".

Now obviously it's a very simple rule, but to me it does fall down in the case that we've seen here. It's something that is seen plenty of times a day in the "wanted" section of the forums. Somebody is after an item, and other people who haven't got anything listed up for sale post up in reply saying they have something that the OP might be interested in, without posting any pictures of said item.

Now to me that seems fine, and doesn't go against the rule. The way I had always understood the rule was that if you were actually posting an item up for sale or trade then you had to post up photos, but you could ask if somebody was interested without doing so. I've done it in the past, when I've seen somebody wants some kit and I've got something similar, just putting up a message saying what I've got and asking if they are interested, without putting any photos up, simply because I couldn't see the point in posting up proof photos if the person in question had no interest in the item. If they were interested then of course I would put up photos before attempting to proceed with any sale, but when just seeing if there might be any interest, well before the stage where any money changes hands, I never thought it would be breaking any rules by not including photos.

Personally I would say that the rule needs to be expanded, to make it clear that you can't even mention that you might possibly have an item for sale/trade if somebody is interested without having to post pictures to accompany it, and for the mods to actually enforce the rule uniformly. Just looking through the first page of the "wanted" section right now there are at least 7 different people who have posted up a "I have x item here if you're interested" posts without attaching any photos or proof of ownership pictures, and not one of them appears to have had any action taken against them.
Of course you're entitled to an opinion.

The rule is quite clear, anything offered in any way must have an accompanying proof pic.

If you do see something which is against the rules report it. We aren't all on at all times of the day unfortunately but we will get around to checking the wanted ads.

foot

Now I originate.............
Jan 6, 2009
Crystal lake

http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/rules-please-read-this-first-guys.88401/
Offering items on wanted threads. RULE* "The for sale post must include an accurate description of the item and a photograph of the item described with your username and the current date clearly displayed on a piece of paper next to the item.If you offer something in reply to a wanted advert you must still provide a picture with name and date on the same as if you had advertised it in the forsale section.This is to help prevent people selling items they do not have.".

http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/proof-pics-are-required.145495/

I will always send people a polite message to say they need to upload a picture, But i dont think i should have to do it more than once, I will delete posts as i come accross them if they do not adhear to the forum rules, But some do slip by from time to time.