Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Heads Up

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Just so's you guys out there know, I have done a deal with the 'powers that be' at Aceville Towers and I now own the website P8ntballer.com website and its associated forums i.e. this place here :)

There will be no major changes effected, so don't go getting all worried and if anybody has any questions then just tag them on this thread or PM me.

For the most part, the Mods will still be running the show as per usual and I will only get involved if I think it necessary or I am asked to.

Other than that, there's no real change.

Robbo

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
is it true PGI magazine has gone under?
I think it more pertinent to say that 'paintball has gone under'...PGi is hibernating as a consequence.

Any business and magazines are not immune, have to make money.
The paintball industry has for a long time now been unable to sustain a healthy media and publishers have faced a harsh decision whereby they either compromise quality to remain printing or lose money.

Matt, the owner, has supported this magazine for longer than you guys could ever know and has done more than anybody for paintball in this country but he always preferred to remain in the background and never sought acclamation or credit for whatever he did ...

It's been a big part of Matt and my life for nigh on 20 years and it has been a bitter pill for us both to swallow but he would never allow PGi to reduce in quality to cut costs after he had worked so hard to get it where it is.

To give you guys an idea of just how PGi is viewed across the industry I will quote (not verbatim) a text Dave Youngblood sent me the other day ...'Pete, I am still trying to get over the idea PGi won't be with us anymore, I am really sick about it, especially when you think about what's left to represent us'.

I ain't saying we were the best magazine out there because of anything I had contributed, I really ain't, but the fact is, we were generally regarded as the best; a magazine that had real views, it had balls, it also had everybody's respect and got read by both player and industry.
If anybody ever took a dislike to PGi then it was generally because of me and so it would be hard for me to wallow too much but I hope i contributed something in 18 years of writing.
Luckily for PGi, a lot more people respected what I wrote than disliked it....

A sad day but 'all good things come....' ...well you know how that one goes..

Kitty

www.techpb.com
Aug 16, 2007
Oahu, Hawaii / London UK
www.myspace.com
So will PGI be hibernating as in cutting down where it sends its mags to, ie just distributing in the US or will it be put on ice for a while?

Be sad to see it go, in the states there are soooo many paintball mags but PGI was by far the best written as it was clearly written for ballers who love the sport.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
So will PGI be hibernating as in cutting down where it sends its mags to, ie just distributing in the US or will it be put on ice for a while?

Be sad to see it go, in the states there are soooo many paintball mags but PGI was by far the best written as it was clearly written for ballers who love the sport.
We will be put on ice ... which I suppose is a kinda cool thing to do really ...