Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Heads Up

It terrible to see that the downturn is paintball has hit one of the best publications so hard. I know that the mags over here are each dealing with their own problems in the revenue generation department. We're keeping our fingers crossed, over here, and hoping that it all rises above this and comes out better than before. Thanks to each and every contributor at PGi. Just to look through this thread and see the names tells you how hard you hit for so many years. Thanks, again. Here's hoping that the ice thaws!

Grandmaster D

Try to relax
May 19, 2006
Japan
Back when I first started playing paintball in the late 80's, there were no shops in western Massachusetts, everything was mail order. There were no fields (until I started one), and we had to drive two hours one way to get our CO2 tanks filled in the next state.

Finding PGI on the stands a few years later opened my eyes to wide world of paintball. I followed the standings of teams in the Home Counties League. I remember being so impressed when I saw photos of that team (RSA, was it?) that had their own custom pattern camo made. I read with envy about the vibrant tournament scene.

Now I'm in Japan, and face a similar situation. There is no good field near me, so I'm trying to get mine opened (not at all easy, and taking years longer than expected). PGI was again my link to useful information. Honest, well written, and witty, PGI was proof that there is intelligent life the world of paintball.

I teach English in Japan, and currently a few of my students (who were introduced to paintball by yours truly) have homework reading PGI. I can do that with PGI, as it is the one paintball publication whose writers seem to have a command of the English language.

I will, obviously, refrain from renewing my subscription just now, but rest assured that I eagerly look forward to doing so in the future.