Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Hello , I'm completely green , please help me out .

xZOMBIExDODGERx

Aug 28, 2015
Hello , for a few years now I have been thinking about taking up paintballing .... and I'll admit from the off that I know nothing at all about the ins and outs , the weapons , the rules etc.

So could somebody please help me find the best place for me to start paintballing , in terms of the level of education given , and the opportunities to progress . I live in Sunderland , in the North East , and I've seen a few ads for paintballing places but never really paid much attention as I saw it as a luxury I can barely afford .

I'm a six foot three mackem and I weigh 17 clem , slim too , dunno what happened there but I'm grateful and want to keep my body because I eat too much bacon and drink too much Budweiser . lol .

Paintballing seems Ideal for me , I'm craving a way to burn energy and feel awesome , while growing and learning , developing skills , without having to join the forces . (A personal reason ) . Obviously I play video games , yada yada , but in all seriousness that isn't the reason I'm interested in paintballing . Given the opportunity to train , I would gladly start at the very bottom and slowly work my way up the ranks .

Even if that means travelling to attend the best of the best paintballing coaching / competitions etc.

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
Welcome aboard mate.

In terms of education have a read through the newbies section on here as many people have asked similar questions in the past. If you have any new burning questions that don't appear in that section then just ask.

In terms of weapon it's a paintball marker and normally referred to as such. There are hundreds or different types available so firstly decide what type of paintball you will be wanting to play most (woodsball or supair) you can get a marker that will do excellent in both but lots of people who play in the woods want something with a more military style.

Next check out your local site (top gun paintball or universal paintball) and head down there for some games and to meet some people.

Sort out a budget for kit, top of your list is a decent mask and then let me keno and I'll point you in the direction of a few markers to check out.

Lots of us from the North East on here so divn't worry you are well at home (even if you are a Mackem)

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Hello , for a few years now I have been thinking about taking up paintballing ....

without having to join the forces . (A personal reason )
I also never joined up for personal reasons ...
I'm not a morning person, can't be doing with all that getting shouted at, and really don't fancy being shot at by real bullets

(My era would have been post Cold War, slowing down of NI, and pre-middle east. So prospects would have been similar to what the current services are looking at - probable silly discipline marching around and less exciting stuff)

Follow sids advice on sites. For your first experience go as an ordinary punter
The world of UK paintball goes way beyond that but it will give you a nice taster as to running around getting shot at

Look the sites up and ring to confirm they have groups booked (you will be able to turn up alone but it would be frustrating to turn up and the site is closed that day due to no bookings or there is an exclusive private booking)

There is a thread 'what paintball costs' (which i need to get updated) but it shows the relative difference between a one off punter / rental game and the other options when you decide paintball is for you
This also gives a bit more truth than some of the advertising that tells you it will cost £5 or £10 to play

You could also try a scenario game as your first experience. Allow a little extra on your ticket price to rent gear

You won't be crucified for calling it a gun, but you will be corrected and told that it's a marker
I call them guns, but I'm set in my ways and will gladly argue with someone as to why they use the term marker.
(I also have a bit of an opinion that to some the word gun calls for respect and safe handling)

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Hello , for a few years now I have been thinking about taking up paintballing .... and I'll admit from the off that I know nothing at all about the ins and outs , the weapons , the rules etc.

So could somebody please help me find the best place for me to start paintballing , in terms of the level of education given , and the opportunities to progress . I live in Sunderland , in the North East , and I've seen a few ads for paintballing places but never really paid much attention as I saw it as a luxury I can barely afford .

I'm a six foot three mackem and I weigh 17 clem , slim too , dunno what happened there but I'm grateful and want to keep my body because I eat too much bacon and drink too much Budweiser . lol .

Paintballing seems Ideal for me , I'm craving a way to burn energy and feel awesome , while growing and learning , developing skills , without having to join the forces . (A personal reason ) . Obviously I play video games , yada yada , but in all seriousness that isn't the reason I'm interested in paintballing . Given the opportunity to train , I would gladly start at the very bottom and slowly work my way up the ranks .

Even if that means travelling to attend the best of the best paintballing coaching / competitions etc.
Welcome! Have fun! (y)

Jay Wilko

Platinum Member for Life
Aug 19, 2015
Wigan
Hey, I'm in a similar sort or situation to you as in I have just recently started paintballing from fresh.
Had my first experience a month ago and loved it, theirs just something about running through the woods being shot at that fills you full of adrenalin.
I'm from the north west myself but never the less, have fun and hope you stick around.

P.s. The guys on this forum really do their best to help you out so as it was said earlier, feel free to read the threads and ask away.