Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

HELP!me decide what loader to get for my new SpEeD AnGeL!!!

gasolineonthefire

Jul 18, 2003
Visit site
hey people i need help deciding between an egg2 or halo.
also if you have any other tips pls share thank you.What i mean is, is it worth the xtra dough to get a halo or is the egg enough to feed the SPEED?(lol i made a rhyme)

nick d:cool:

Manning26

HALO:
+You're not going to outrun it
+A hair smaller than the Evo
+Durable

-Heavy, but you really don't notice when you're playing

Evolution (with Y Board):
+The Y Board is very fast, I doubt you'll outrun her
+Holds a lot of paint

-The flimsiest hopper I've ever used

I hope that helps a little.

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
You should be fine with an egg.
try to get one with a y board, and file down the lip that keeps the lid closed so you can open it easier.

Good loader, but not quite as fast as a halo.

jeff

Banned
Jul 10, 2001
Surrey. England.
Visit site
Is the Angel Speed not an "Open bolt" marker?

If it is then I would make sure your ball detents are up to the job before you buy a Halo.

:)

I also find the Egg a much easier loader to load. I always have to tip the Halo forward in order to empty a whole 140 shot pot into it but I don't with the Egg.

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
You really need to try a halo b in your speed as they work well with some and make soup with others. If you have one that works well with the Halo you won't regret it, awesome hopper and very quick!

Paul
:)

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Well, the general rule of thumb is if it's open bolt (e.g. Timmy/Angel) stay away from the Halo. I hae yet to use an Angel/Halo combination (whether it be Speed or IR3) that didn't give regular breech bursts (2-5 balls per hopper full)

As cockers are closed bolt, they should theoretically work well with the Halo.

However, as ever there is an exception that proves the rule - Viking is open bolt and when I had a go of Colliers it was phenomenally quick using a halo and not a single burst after 1 hopper and 2 x 140 pots through it...