Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Help!!! might be the end of an oldskool pump

vDubLeics

Leicestershire Paintballer
Apr 9, 2014
Leicestershire
www.TrueStreet.co.uk
i have had my Armson pump marker anodised, BUT... the thread in the ASA that holds the trigger on and the marker together got damaged. i went into an engineers to get it repaired (hole bored out, new thread put in) i said "don't drill through the ASA, just bore the hole out, or else the marker becomes wall hanger" and guess what they did

the chap who drilled it is apparently on holiday :cautious: any idea how i can repair it.

now my ASA is leaking and the marker is unusable

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Stick a little grub screw in there with some strong loctite. Job done. :)
this - find out what tap he used, grab a grub screw with same thread, cover it in ptfe tape or blue loctite and screw it in far enough that you can still get the frame thumb screw deep enough. Then gas up your valve assembly off the marker and stick it in a glass of water to see if its leaking.

If you're having trouble finding a suitable grub screw post up the size and thread and we'll try and help.

Reactions: Care_Bears

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
How did they repair the damaged thread - has it been helicoiled?

If so you have a bit of a problem. The hole really needs to be plugged, but if it's been helicoiled that will have been drilled and tapped oversize to suit the insert. Most grip/frame screws un USA made markers are 10-32 UNF thread. So the plug would need to be matched to that, because stock UNF or UNC grub screws will be too small. The helicoil insert would have to be removed to allow this, because it's inside diameter will be smaller than the sealing plug.

http://www.boellhoff.com/en/de/fasteners/special_fasteners/thread_technology/helicoil.php

The other 2 methods to use are:

1. remove thread insert, TIG weld the hole then re-drill and tap + maybe re-install helicoil as well to protect threads. This would trash the finish so ASA body will have to be re annodised as well

2. Drill and tap hole to a larger oversize (something like 1/4 UNF) bond in a threaded Alloy plug with 10-32 UNF screw thread re-tapped in middle

The enginnering shop fooked up by drilling through body, so they should really repair this FOC

Last edited:
Reactions: Canon Fodder

vDubLeics

Leicestershire Paintballer
Apr 9, 2014
Leicestershire
www.TrueStreet.co.uk
it has been fixed now, i took it in to a company i use to work for and had a work with their engineer. he re-drilled and tapped the hole and then made a plug si it was a perfect fit. Then for the screw he made a new one from scratch. looks good now and you wouldn't know until you take the marker apart

he enginnering shop fooked up by drilling through body, so they should really repair this FOC
after the fun and games i had with them i don't trust them to have another look