Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

help on positions

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
I agree with Dave here ( personal opinion ) Back players are there to protect the forwards as much as poss , they do all / Most of the shouting and guide a snake player, telling him when to move up or get down /in, and where to shoot if need be, also when someone is coming down the line or down the Highway. That`s What Backers are for !! If you`ve got someone that`s deaf ? Oh this is madness !! £1500 - £2000 per person with gear , £80 - £100 per day to play per person .. all resting on that guy that can`t hear anybody.

Stigma

Why use a sword if you can shoot Planet Eclipse!
Jan 18, 2010
London
www.samuraipaintball.com
I am going to be the odd one out here and say – I THINK first of all that the communication issue is only one of your voice, however there is a good chance of you SIGNALING to back players what you see.

Having said that, I believe the snake might not be the “ideal side” for you, since you might be out of sight to “signal” something to your other players (when getting started in learning how to play), and not being able to hear all information on the field will leave you in the unknown as well. Hence I would suggest you try the Dorito side to start with and work with your team on signals that are not too intrusive during your game play, however get the message across, since we are already speaking via mail and text it’s something we can maybe address at the next training when we start putting a team together. Once that works you can start trying different positions on the field and find the one you are most happy and successful in, since in the end you want to enjoy your sport and not get jammed into a role you might not even want to be in.

weihrauch hw

London Sock
Jul 2, 2011
Ashford
In my opinion snake players should be able to hear the most, you are getting all the information fed to you when you are in the snake by your back players, if you cant hear that well, you wont know the g count, know if its California left/right, if someone jumped into the snake with you, ect.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
The snake is a lonely old position when you can hear! Let alone if you cant! Id suggest back player or insert guy (midfielder if you like), That way you have a chance to signal to team mates if you need to, whereas in the snake you wont get that chance. Plus a huge benefit of being so far forward is you can often hear where this guy shooting at you is, through the bunker. In my mind I visualise where they are from the noise they are making and take a snap shot from there (being good at it is another thing entirely!). Especially true in the original snake bunkers that were an actual snake (with a tongue and all) and no nice modern knuckles to get up against and possibly get a lane on someone, just a quick snap shot based on the info I was hearing.

Im not saying dont play the snake, chances are you are playing for fun and not a world title, so most importantly have fun! Let us know how you get on!

Reactions: Care_Bears

LittleGreenMan1988

Feb 5, 2013
Wolverhampton
So playing snake is it a good idea to communicate with your back players or just let them do the communication so you dont give away position? Got my first tourney in a couple of months and would like to get on the right tracks in training from the start :p

Donk

Gorrilaz
May 11, 2010
Clacton-on-sea
Opinion
So playing snake is it a good idea to communicate with your back players or just let them do the communication so you dont give away position? Got my first tourney in a couple of months and would like to get on the right tracks in training from the start :p
Opinion there differs, I find generally snake players don't talk back to you, they just nod to indicate they have heard you.
Maybe that's just our snake guys

weihrauch hw

London Sock
Jul 2, 2011
Ashford
if i am being shot to bits in the snake and theres not much i can do, i'll start calling positions, or if i see them go into the m or xbox i will call out positions, or if i get a g3, other than that there isn't much to say