Help regarding a recent purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

diaboro919

Crimson Baller
Jun 14, 2012
Dorset
Hi

This is a first for me and it can be said the same for the seller.

I bought a:
Tipx lot without hardcase - REDUCED - SOLD-
Tipx, 3 magazines and Tiberius leg holster.
Tipx has remote line kit installed and also front block wrapped in carbon fibers.
This pistol has the first strike block installed.
Doesn't come with any manuals or socks etc
from stuartyalec on the 8th of May on his thread - http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/reduced-prices-leaving-sale-kit-clear-out.167161/page-6#post-1531094

He confirmed postage on the 10th of May, He had informed me prior about work so he couldnt post it on the 9th which was fair. he included a picture of the receipt, also included in this post, to prove it had been sent.

On the 13th of May, i tracked the package and the info came up as the package was returned to sender. I had been home the last two days with no package deliveries. I contacted stuartyalec and he replied with the same info. He informed me he had packaged it correctly, everything clear and labeled. I confirmed my address just to be sure. We both weren't sure what was going on.

On the 15th of May, i contacted him again to see if he had received it back but nothing arrived back it his home. I tracked the package again but no info was available. I informed stuartyalec and on the 16th, he phoned royal mail. The marker had been seized and sent to the security department to be examined and deemed safe.
I myself have never had this happen however one of my friends has had it happen to him multiple times so I didn't panic to much. stuartyalec informed me the guy who he talked to said it would be about a week and if deemed safe, the tracking info would go live again and it would be sent to the address.

I checked the tracking every other day and it was coming up as seized and contents would need to be deemed safe before continuing its journey.

Giving it a week, i contact stuartyalec on the 23rd of May to see if he had heard anymore. He told me he hadn't and would call them the day after to see what was happening.

I didn't receive any message the next day so i decided to leave it for about a week and hope for the best. I left it until the 29th of May and sent another message asking for any info. I checked back the next day to find no message. I checked his profile and found his last log on time was Friday 30th at 9.38am. I can only assume he missed or didn't check his messages.

After leaving it for just about another week, I decided to check the tracking again. It has been updated to 'Returned to Sender'. Due to me being busy, i haven't had a chance to check it daily so I am unsure exactly when it was updated.

I have messaged stuartyalec today about being a tad concerned with no contact for about 2 weeks and have asked for a refund minus postage costs.
I also informed him i would be posting here as a precaution as this has never happened to me before.

I know peoples lives can get rather hectic at times and always willing to give people the benefit of the doubt.

I paid via paypal and covered the fee's but id rather avoid a dispute and settle it here.

I am hoping someone will know stuartyalec or be able to contact him.

thank you

Attachments

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Never be afraid of using the dispute process on PayPal (it's actually called the resolution process) and is there to work for both of you

Open it up and copy in the messages you've already had. The process is based on the communications between each of you so it is preferable to have the comms going back and forth

Note with the tracking (as you've noticed and stated) you can't realy see the full status so won't be fully aware of when the status changed, but the status is in both the present and post tense:

Your item with reference KF550121535GB is being returned to sender.
Find out why we return mail.
Last update: 04 June 2014, 11:13pm

So it may be 'returned' and he has it back, or it's on its way as 'being returned', the update showing as yesterday so it could be he has not yet had it

Either way the correct thing to do is raise the dispute
Note the only real issue is that strictly speaking PayPal should not have been used as it's against their policy for gun payments

Reactions: diaboro919

diaboro919

Crimson Baller
Jun 14, 2012
Dorset
ah ok cheers Tommikka.

like i said, i like to give people the benefit of the doubt so hoping to resolve it without going via paypal :)

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Seems to me the post office is at fault. I'd say time will rectify things, it's fairly obvious the seller hasn't set out to diddle you which is always helpful to remember.

Reactions: diaboro919

diaboro919

Crimson Baller
Jun 14, 2012
Dorset
Yeah. I mean I'm not accusing him of anything as I know others who have bought stuff without any hassle. Just didn't know what to do after not getting any reply after 2 weeks and it suddenly being returned.

diaboro919

Crimson Baller
Jun 14, 2012
Dorset
well royal mail really have messed up this time. The TiPX has just arrived to my door, even though the tracking said otherwise. ive apologies to stuartyalec via pm for this thread, explaining i just didnt know what to do.

glad it got sorted :)

Status
Not open for further replies.