The Home Of European Paintball

Help Required invert mini

Harbinger

DO NOT DO AS I SAY / POST / JOKE ABOUT
Jan 14, 2014
The Royal County
Hi All,

Any help with this please.

Plugging the Airbottle into the marker and the air bottle will simply not come off unless it's discharged? to the point the regulator on the bottle starts to turn instead, this is for a friend who is having this problem which is odd as I have the same same gear as him and I do not have this problem.

The marker is working fine, running @ 200PSI and Chrono's @ 280FPS, no leaks of any kind,

Odd, any thoughts?

Harby.

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
shoot the marker while you unscrew the bottle. this is what the on off valve on the axe etc does, depressurises so the bottle just unscrews.

this problem is normal, for alot of markers without an on/off

BDN

May 24, 2008
NW England
Thoroughly clean the threads on both bottle & asa. Lubricate both threads lightly with marker lube (silicon-based stuff).
Ensure the o-ring on the bottle thread is in good condition.
Use a thread protector (<£5) on the bottle when not in use.
Have had same probs with several minis; after doing the above, able to unscrew the bottle with ease when gassed up.

Everyinchtheanimal

Feb 19, 2010
Yes this is a very normal thing, i think its good practice to fire the marker to depressurise a non on/off asa. Only takes one time not to pay attention to the bottle when unscrewing it and next thing you know, you have just fired an air powered rocket off your gun.

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Beside the fact that all modern regs have one or more holes through the thread which vent off the bottle if they become unscrewed. If the reg were to unscrew that far, expect a very loud noise, maybe a bit of poo to come out your bum but no air bottle missile.

Everyinchtheanimal

Feb 19, 2010
I know most new regs have a channel milled down the threads, but still doesnt mean you should rely on it. And after seeing the damage that a broken bottle reg can do to with/to the bottle. Everyone should take care and pay attention when unscrewing a bottle from asa, not have the attitude of "its fine there is a failsafe". Also if you are paying attention it wont ever get that far for the "failsafe" to be needed.