Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

help

Meyer

With 3 man it definately depends on the field your on. If your thick with bunkers and don't have too many lanes that run the length of the field, your not gonna use that much, but if the field is mostly empty you'll use more (I know thats really basic but its an absolute truth in 3 man). When I played as a back on my old team, I'd go out with either 4 100 rd pods and a hopper, or 3 140's and a hopper.

Another big thing is the type of team your playing against. If your opponents are 3 16 yr olds who came out of the woods to give speedball a try, your not going to need to shoot much, any amount of paint you put into the air will be more then their used to seeing, so you cantake it easy. On the other hand, if your playing some rich boys or a part of a competitive team carrying electros and such, your gonna need to shoot more (again really basic but that is how 3 man works). Short and simple, carry 3-4 pods as a back man and you'll do fine, the game won't last long enough for you to run dry, and if your running to the 50 and playing balls out frontman, then if you need to you can drop the oack and play hopperball. Just play a game or two at the tourney (every tourney plays a little different anyway) and adjust from their, it never hurts to be walking off the field with full pods.

F3Z

Mar 17, 2003
Bristol, UK
Phhh !! All you need is three balls per game. Simple and light weight. No need for those pesky hopper things :p

SilentInvasion Cpt

Aug 1, 2003
Visit site
Phhh !! All you need is three balls per game. Simple and light weight. No need for those pesky hopper things

hahaha

I just played this weekend, and there were two guys that had their guns break, so they went out throwing paint. What a sight to see. They actually made this one kid run away cause they charged. :D

DarWood

Dagenham Swarm
Nov 30, 2002
Originally posted by Meyer
With 3 man it definately depends on the field your on. If your thick with bunkers and don't have too many lanes that run the length of the field, your not gonna use that much, but if the field is mostly empty you'll use more (I know thats really basic but its an absolute truth in 3 man). When I played as a back on my old team, I'd go out with either 4 100 rd pods and a hopper, or 3 140's and a hopper.

Another big thing is the type of team your playing against. If your opponents are 3 16 yr olds who came out of the woods to give speedball a try, your not going to need to shoot much, any amount of paint you put into the air will be more then their used to seeing, so you cantake it easy. On the other hand, if your playing some rich boys or a part of a competitive team carrying electros and such, your gonna need to shoot more (again really basic but that is how 3 man works). Short and simple, carry 3-4 pods as a back man and you'll do fine, the game won't last long enough for you to run dry, and if your running to the 50 and playing balls out frontman, then if you need to you can drop the oack and play hopperball. Just play a game or two at the tourney (every tourney plays a little different anyway) and adjust from their, it never hurts to be walking off the field with full pods.
Hmm power of perception. I personally wouldnt go along with rich players being better than woodland players with spyders. At the end of the day you win games based on team work and skills. Not gadgetry, or blingingness (if thats even a word :p).
For example, Bad Company use AMG spyders. You dont see them befalling the likes of dynasty, tontons, strange and so on.
3 players, 3 paintballs. Thats all it takes to win a 3 man team.
Walk the field previously before your games. Access the field situation, predict situations happening in a game. Am i going to get here with 300 paintballs coming at me?, what happens if i go here? and so on.
Controlling the 50 is very important, but as its only a 3 man game those windows of opputunity are going to be greater. You just have to look for them.
Good luck. :)