Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Help

maddankiller

Rick O'shay the irish cowboy
Jul 21, 2013
southampton (eastleigh)
Hello peps
I'm new to paintball and want to buy a marker my budget is about £450 ish!
I have seen a 2nd hand ego 10 for £400 is this a good deal??
Or shull I get a brand new proto reflex PGA for £450 or a new Axe??
Thanks for reading hope u can help
Dan

maddankiller

Jul 21, 2013
southampton (eastleigh)
Hello mate
Well I say £450 coz I sold some golf clubs and that's money spare and I want to take this up serious. I have no air bottle or hopper but I have got a dye 4i mask which I got a few weeks ago. Just don't realy no wot marker to go for thought if I get the best that I can afored I won't have to upgrade and wast money in the future?
What you think?
Thanks dan

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
If you don't already own them, you'll need to take at least the loader and air system into account straight off the bat. Once you've taken a chunk out of that budget for these items you'll have a better idea on what you have available for the marker and you can get the best you can afford.

As to what is the 'best' no one can tell you that. Most decent guns from the last 5 years all so all get the job done very well, they almost all shoot the standard 10.5 balls per second that's common now. Beside cost your decision will come down to ergonomics (some guns feel better in the hand that others), maintenance and reliability, appearance and what sort of gun those around you use.

This final point is quite important as in my experience it's very useful to own a similar marker to the people you play with. When I started playing, almost everyone around me used Angels and although they were expensive it was common sense as everyone had spares, there were techs everywhere and there was always someone around to borrow x or y part/tool off. These days I shoot an older ego, as do most of the guys I play alongside, this makes things simple if any of us have a problem.

What sort of paintball are you planning to play? Scenario games, walk-ons, or tournaments?

Last edited:
Reactions: Richiemonk

ShimmerShot

Platinum Member
Apr 1, 2008
Midlands
As H says,

Invest in everything else but your gun for the moment, get your pack, knee pads, air and hopper sorted and then see how much money you'll have left for a marker.
I think you'll end up coming out of the £300 mark once you've bought all of the above - a second hand Etek3 is available for that price I believe - reliable and easy to maintain :)
Buy with confidence from this website, if in doubt, check the sellers iTrader profile / recent sold items. Make sure they've been around for a while as everyone knows someone in real life on here.

Good luck.

Reactions: maddankiller

maddankiller

Jul 21, 2013
southampton (eastleigh)
Is there good and bad air systems or they all near of the same?
Good point makes sense getting similar guns!
My bro has just brought the proto reflex he's a newbie also and I really love the look of the new proto reflex PGA in the TV camo looks so good but is it a good marker a worth the money I'm not that bothered if I go over Budget and spend more just don't want to wast money!
Yes as a newbie I really could do with something easy to maintain and clean, I will look after it aswell.
I will be playing walkons to start with as I've done one before never done scenario or tournaments game but would like to give them a go if possible.
Thanks dan

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
For the most part, air systems are all the same. Some are flashier than others, more compact, more features but they almost all perform the same. Due to the way that rates of fire have been capped in the last few years there's just no advantage to having a regulator that can keep up with 20+ cycles a second. The only real variables in air systems (bottle & reg) is 3000psi or 4500psi, Steel or fibre tank, bottle size (68ci/1.1ltr is 'normal') and whether it is a High Pressure or Low pressure output. The majority of markers prefer a high pressure input but you'd have to check this alongside whatever marker you decide on.

Sticking to walk-ons is a good idea but I'd strongly recommend giving one of the big scenario events a try, for example Warped's North vs South Big Game annual event.

Reactions: Care_Bears

scott_peters

London Impact
Jul 9, 2007
cambridge
@maddankiller Thanks for the heads up H on the link above - I am the one selling the ego 11 and can do a deal with a 1.1 bottle too if interested :)

Not trying to talk myself out of a potential sale but the most important kit are goggles which you have sourced already, Then a good marker - Planet in my eyes are the best out there as should anything go wrong the customer service is second to none- Then get yourself a good loader - Dye rotor,Spire,Prophecy are some to look out for and a bottle with a good few years test left.

Whatever you decide to go just get out and play and have fun :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Care_Bears

maddankiller

Jul 21, 2013
southampton (eastleigh)
Thanks guys for messaging back (y)
Yer I would love to do something like that but dnt really no where to go to do 1?
Most of what u said then H has gone straight over my head lol
Scott that's my plan I think got the mask then a decent gun and the rest can come after!
I can borrow a tank and hopper where I go there pretty good there!
Then I can get a tank when I have more knowledge.
And yer I've seen the dye rotor look real smart!
Could u refresh my memory what make is ego? :confused:
Scott what kind of a deal could u do :D
Thanks dan

jfp

May 13, 2011
Oxford
Ego is a planet eclipse marker, it is there high end poppet marker (the Lower end being the etek)