Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

HOCKEY TAPE (for grip on my tank)

Exile

The Tao of Pooh
Jun 20, 2006
North London
Wingnut,

Are you referring to Millennium rule 11.06 (which is used by the NSPL, and I believe the Masters too)? That forbids covers for loaders, but allows them for bottles; however the bottle cover is in no way mandatory, only permitted.

WingNut

UK Redskins
Oct 31, 2003
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Can't quite remember when it was, not too long ago, as I'm old and my mind is cooked....

It wasn't long after the big thing over one of the guys on here having a reg or a tank burst on a fill station at an event.

Went to either a masters (south) or an NSPL event and they were not allowing tanks on the field without covers. I'd left mine at home by mistake and had to borrow one from one of our guys on the day. Deffinately remember it... or did I dream it.. lol.

Wingy...

SAMUEL.D.RYAN

one.man.band
Mar 17, 2007
Cambridge/Huntingdon
It's not really linked to league, it's more linked to the ultimate on the day. Some ultimates require you to have a tank cover, others are more lenient. It's OK Wingy, i remember the UKSM we were required to have them for too!

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
It's not really linked to league, it's more linked to the ultimate on the day. Some ultimates require you to have a tank cover, others are more lenient.
Which is a totally wrong situation, the league should set the rules, the Ultimate/Refs should enforce them, not any other way round!

TBH a cover isn't going to make any noticeable difference if a bottle/reg were to explode, a little piece of fabric/neoprene/rubber Vs 300 bar is not a fair fight. What it might do is prevent significant damage to your bottle during play.

SAMUEL.D.RYAN

one.man.band
Mar 17, 2007
Cambridge/Huntingdon
Which is a totally wrong situation, the league should set the rules, the Ultimate/Refs should enforce them, not any other way round!
I wouldn't like to imagine the amount of extra work that kind of organisation would take... It would probably put up the prices of domestic events somewhat, even if it is ideal.

Bottle covers are just generally a good idea. You really don't want to muck around with those sorts of pressures. Having to wash your cover when you get home is a small nuisance compared to having a CP logo lodged in your head.