Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

how did you get hooked?

P8ntballer1988

Jul 8, 2013
Tamworth
I moved into my house about 5 years ago, I don't know why but it took me half a year to get into the loft and when I did I found a whole paintball setup, nothing special just some gloves,pod pack,mask pods and a mech cocker, well knowing nothing I took them to my local field at NPF they put a mask on me took the marker round the back to check it worked and all I could hear going round there was the firing coming from the woods and I loved it, they gased the cocker up it leaked like hell but sounded like a beast when firing and that was it I was hooked before I shot a ball, went out brought all new gear and a new marker and jumped into my first game which was Diamond wars first time being shot was 3 times in the balls and twisted my ankle in a rabbit hole but never stopped me, been hooked ever since.

barry_dafc

Barry_DinEidyn
Oct 27, 2010
Dunfermline, Scotland
I was around at a friends working on college work saw his paintball kit and asked the standard question "does it hurt?" so we went outside and he shot me... Not overly happy with having nothing to shoot back with I then bought my first tournament marker the week later (a Smart Parts Epiphany) and got him back a month or so went by and then I went crazy spent a fortune on a whole brand new set up my first official game was NvS then a few weeks later came the SPCS and that was that :D

luke_bond

Nov 12, 2013
Mablethorpe, Lincolnshire
first time i ever played was with a school trip 15, was one of the best days ever. recently i went for a friends birthday and i've been hooked since. cant beat the buzz off being pinned behind a bunker and coming back to take the guys out. ADRENALINE!

pbpixels

Dec 19, 2009
USA - D.C
www.automags.org
I think I got hooked by the social aspect of paintball and just talking to people about paintball in general. It feels like I spend about 95% of the time talking about paintball and 5% actually playing and I'm okay with that:)

Dean B

SaD #57
Oct 24, 2013
Chester
Went to my local site, to give it a try before, I went with a group of mates from college, I has hooked. A few weeks later when I went with my mates I had more or less bought a full set up ( just a few unnecessary items missing but had all the essentials). Not looked back since. Best thing I have ever done, over the years I have tried loads of sports / hobbies and never stuck with them for more than a couple of years. There's something about paint ball that has me addicted, even when I don't have the money to play I'll go hang out at my local field. It's not just playing I've met a lot of great people through paint balling too.

Worr Monger

Service Guarantees Citizenship
Jan 6, 2014
Bournemouth
First played when I was 16 with a pump marker.
Loved the rush of charging round shooting at people and diving for cover.
Still love it today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jamie Loader

Jan 3, 2013
London
Went to a typical rental game a couple of years ago with a couple of mates, and we all really loved it. The adrenaline, how tactical we were about it, it was like being a kid and playing out all over again lol. Played a couple more times since then, and decided to then take it a step further and got my own kit. To this date the only big game I went to was MvP run by Urban Paintball back in November 2012, but def looking to get in to more of those. The weekend had some ups and downs like dislocating my elbow lol, but def looking forward to getting stuck in on more big games in the future

Dillon Barker

Jan 11, 2014
My mate got me to go down with him when he had his own gear... I instantly wanted some gear for my next birthday to play paintball it was just too exciting!

Edgie1741

Dec 16, 2013
I am relatively new to the sport, only been playing for around 6 months and I love it. I have to agree with @Bolter, there is no better feeling than bunkering out three guys on the opposition team and pressing the buzzer. I am lucky enough to have already played with both Clint Moore and Jason Wheeler at tournaments and they were great inspiration so maybe if you could arrange for your team to have a pro player guest then he would get hooked, but otherwise just keep him playing and he will eventually realise how great the sport is.

trevor hook

Mar 7, 2014
only been playing since november after my son said he wanted to plan his own treat for his 18th birthday.thinking a pub crawl round the local pubs was coming up but oh no a day runing round wet muddy woods being shoot at left right and center,and we have been back every two weeks since.me and my son love it so much we got are own gear after third outing. not bad for a 46 year old if i say so my self :D