Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

How do I get into tournament paintball?

K.C.

Apr 14, 2014
Dunstable
Hello guys
I know there is a wealth of information in the tournament section but I am still unclear on how I can get into tournament paintball. I just wanted some advice on a good marker to start with and how to go about giving it a go first. I will be trying to find my old autococker can't remember which one it was I just rember it was mech not electro. It's been hiding in my dad's loft for nearly 8 years just got to dig the sucker out would this be a good starter marker for entry level?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Im no expert on tournament .... But:

Start with a gun that shoots well, consistently and at a decent rate of fire
An autococker that is set up well can be perfectly fine
If you're experienced in it then maintaining it and any retuning ought not be an issue

A general electro may be preferable, but the proof is in the pudding - if the autococker can keep up and you trigger finger works then you can cope well

Getting into a tournament needs a team, this brings the point that its also not too good to buy a gun specifically for tournament play as you may suddenly get picked up by a team with sponsorship obligations and have the wrong manufacturers gun

If you can play tournament style then people may be happy to pick you up to play alongside them for a day, but it's likely you will need to find a site that has tourney styles for their walkons or go to sites that do practice days and ask to try out with people

munduz

Birmingham Reflex
Dec 16, 2012
The Stone
Post up in the tournament section about looking for a team and state your location. Your profile shows Dunstable so you're not far from bricket wood which a lot of tournament teams in the south train at and bricket runs the SPL league. Most teams are more than happy to let new players come down and join in and will offer advice about kit and what tourney is all about, you could also get in contact with @the yorkie man who runs bricket wood, I'm sure he will be more than helpful and point you in the right direction

Last edited:

Hobo_Joe

Enjoying the view...
Oct 30, 2004
London
I used to ride dirt bikes in Dunstable, so yeah it's not too far from London. Do you have transport?

This is a thread @alexd may be able to assist in.

Reactions: alexd