Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

How do I go about playing paintball .. ?

Jay Morrison

Feb 20, 2015
Hi, I am wanting to start paintballing, I do eventually want to join/create a team but would like advice on how to start ?
Is it as simple as turning up at my local paintballing field, renting a marker, and shooting some people .. ?

Thanks for any input
Jay

Bob1114

Feb 14, 2015
I'm in a similar position to you, recently given up rugby and looking for something else to do! I'm also interested in playing competitively for a team and not just against a stag do every weekend!
From what I've learnt there are many teams and many different kinds of paintball, speedball,woodsball, scenario etc. Have a think about what kind you're most interested in and pursue that route. ie there's no point going to a wood to try and play speed ball! Having said that I'm sure any local paintball site would be able to point you in the right direction. The teams out there must practise on regular paintball sites so may be give a couple a call and see if any teams train there.
What area do you live in? I'm sure there's someone on here who lives close and is able to help. If you're up north I'll join your team!

Jay Morrison

Feb 20, 2015
I'm in a similar position to you, recently given up rugby and looking for something else to do! I'm also interested in playing competitively for a team and not just against a stag do every weekend!
From what I've learnt there are many teams and many different kinds of paintball, speedball,woodsball, scenario etc. Have a think about what kind you're most interested in and pursue that route. ie there's no point going to a wood to try and play speed ball! Having said that I'm sure any local paintball site would be able to point you in the right direction. The teams out there must practise on regular paintball sites so may be give a couple a call and see if any teams train there.
What area do you live in? I'm sure there's someone on here who lives close and is able to help. If you're up north I'll join your team!
Hi thanks for that,
To be honest I have no looked into what type of paintball I would like to play, ill have a read up on the different ones, im just not sure how I go about getting started, I think ill start a few 'walk-ons' first lol
Yes I am from up North, I live in Middlesbrough.

Thanks

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Pretty much pick your site, turn up and play

When going to a site it's worth calling first to avoid disappointment if they have no bookings and are shut or are exclusively booked by a large group or for a ticket only event

Get some mates together to play with for better fun, but you can easily rock up alone
If you go to walkons where there's a regular crowd you'll soon have paintball mates

For scenarios etc you can still rock up alone and team up with anyone you meet or hop around as things go

Tournaments do need a team, but you can work on that

Jay Morrison

Feb 20, 2015
so after a few walkons and I am familiar with paintballing, go out and but a marker, then go about joining a team ?

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
After a few walk ons, you'll know what you need to do :)

I would go research or better yet go try on some thermal/dual pane goggles and buy yourselves a decent set. Being able to actually see, will improve your experience 100%. Plus, who wants to wear the sweat of a 1000 men when renting a set of goggles?

After that, I would HOLD OFF buying the first gun that interest you. I would go ask about and ask politely if you can look at peoples markers when at a walkon. Most ballers would be happy to show you their prized possession :) just rent guns for a couple of outings, and try to get an idea of which one you loved the feel of.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
then go about joining a team ?
By then you'll know what you want
In the UK we have two true one man teams
Keams & gommie

You will soon find out if you're happy doing your own thing or what sort of team you may like

Could be a bunch of your real life best mates, your paintball best mates, could all be local, could be national, could be just a laugh, could be 100% serious

RichB

Devoid of ego
Sep 3, 2010
Teeside
Hi Jay. I'd be very happy to help you mate. I live in Norton, Middlesbrough and have been playing for many years. I'm part of a Teesside based team that plays walkons, big games and also has a speedball / supair teams at all levels. We've got over 30 members of all ages and you will be made very welcome to join us at a walk on ( we're playing tomorrow lol but try to get out at least once a month).

All the advice you've been given here is absolutely spot on mate. Give me a shout if you're intereted as we have a huge selection of markers between us all, as well as masks, etc and you are very welcome to try and borrow gear until you know what you would like to buy!!

Reactions: Bolter

Jay Morrison

Feb 20, 2015
Hi Rich, Thanks for that mate, yeah I would be happy to come along and try it out, I have no gear at the moment like lol.
Drop me a message and we will sort something out mate.

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
you can join a team straight away if they are looking you dont necessarily need any experiance or gear most paintballers are happy to give help to anyone who needs it.

im part of a small scenario team based in durham but have 2 lads on the east coast and 2 in middlesbrough . we do walkons at pointblank and prozone, and events around the uk. your more than welcome to come along to a game sometime if you want to. or a paintball shop and get some advice on the stuff your looking at, justpaintball is only in darlington.

i would take the offer you have got to go and see what the deal is before you go buying your first kit its easy to blow alot of money on something then find out you prefer something else. think we have all been there, gear new or second hand is easy to come by