Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

How many games of Paintball should I play before getting dedicated?

Scarfaceone

May 15, 2015
I overheard that before you go buying paintball stuff and buying a team, you need to be dedicated, indoor paintball is good training, but are there any good speedball places in the UK? And when does the London Nexus host clinics? And where is the nearest store to northampton? I will eventually get there.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
As many or as few as you like
But playing more before you commit too much money to gear is for
1) giving yourself time to look around and see other players different gear, ask to try different goggles etc
2) for those who rush into a hobby and then move to the next hobby it gives a time buffer to see if the initial excitement fades

Ideally find walkons to get the price saving compared to punter games and to meet a variety of regular paintballers
If you're lucky enough to be near one then visit one of the paintball shops
Or look around when planning trips - just beware of them being shut if they are away for an event

Scarfaceone

May 15, 2015
As many or as few as you like
But playing more before you commit too much money to gear is for
1) giving yourself time to look around and see other players different gear, ask to try different goggles etc
2) for those who rush into a hobby and then move to the next hobby it gives a time buffer to see if the initial excitement fades

Ideally find walkons to get the price saving compared to punter games and to meet a variety of regular paintballers
If you're lucky enough to be near one then visit one of the paintball shops
Or look around when planning trips - just beware of them being shut if they are away for an event
OK, I don't know where the nearest to Northampton(in the UK) is.

NatoG

May 17, 2015
North East of England
I played my second game and knew i loved paintball. I became so addicted to it and 3 years later i still do it. When you feel it's going to help you to invest and grow in the sport then invest in some equipment when you feel you're dedicated. To your other questions i have no clue :') If you have any other questions just drop me an inbox and i'll try to help you out :)

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Nearest physical paintball store to you is probably LiPS at Bricketwood, just outside the M25 in Hertfordshire or Warped in Wolverhampton, see the site sponsor buttons at the top of the page for links.

If you can get yourself to the CPPS at Penkridge in Staffordshire over the weekend of 6th and 7th June you will find the biggest UK tournament series with teams from beginner to 'Pro' level competing and a good number of trade stands with much equipment to browse. You can also watch the games and talk to players.

For information on Nexus clinics message @Ash - DYE Europe the team captain.

HTH

noobie

May 22, 2015
You'll know when your hooked when paintball stuff is all over the house, you rarely see your partner at weekends anymore and your bank account is almost empty.

Reactions: 777 and Stanga_zg

Stanga_zg

Jul 21, 2015
Zagreb - CROATIA
@noobie - AGREE

...my wife told me once that I allways miss out family gatherings, events, friends at our place etc... and the point is that if you LIKE to play you must LIVE the life of paintballer and get rid of the obligations of a normal man ;)

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
http://bzcdn.bzpaintballsuppl.netdna-cdn.com/media/extendware/ewimageopt/media/inline/0/6/gog-enmey-0f3.jpg I've played several games and the more I play the more I enjoy it ill be investing in my starter kit soon I'm going with gog in the link above .... I've played at 2 sites in the south east and both sites have a variety of games that I enjoy
That can do you fine, but make sure you phone bz and discuss the package for what will be best for you - what goggles, hopper, air etc