Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

How much does it cost per team??

PEBBLE

Toot de la fruit!
Nov 8, 2004
Hello everybody, hope you're all well?

Been asked this lots of times, would like to know myself, I was hoping someone can help me out an average cost for a team to go to a one event - let's say a Millenium event?

- Flights?
- Hotels?
- Care hire?

Let's avoid paint costs, food and what not, just interested in the non paintball and the natural food expenses. My friend's think it's about around £2,000 per team. I think perhaps more £6,000.

if you have any info, that would help me out a ton! Google doesn't seem to find me anything.

Regards,

PEBBLE

Last edited:

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Personally.
275 euro in car rental
250 in hotel.
200 in flights

Now you can usually split the car rental fee up a couple ways depending how many guys in the car. I have a single room this time, but back in my cheaper days, we'd put 4 guys in 2 beds in a room and that'd make it really cheap like 20 bucks a night.

900 a team with VAT, which as my captain is French, not sure if he has to pay UK VAT? (VAT is still a weird grey area for me, coming from the states).

So 725, plus team fees which is 150 usually (6 guys), is 875, plus paint.

Figure 1000 euro a head. Now, guys on my team are doing cheaper hotels, so that'll be a savings for them, but flights, car, entry and paint will be pretty expensive for everyone.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
...with VAT, which as my captain is French, not sure if he has to pay UK VAT? (VAT is still a weird grey area for me, coming from the states)
Consider vat as local taxes
Buy something in the UK and it will have 20% vat, unless it's an item/service that is vat exempt
Any listed prices will normally include vat, unless items are listed for 'trade' to businesses etc.
Eg buy tools in homebase, b&q etc that are DIY stores for the public will include vat. Buy tools from an 'industry' / trade supplier and the price will exclude vat but get added onto the bill

You as an American or your captain as a frenchman will both pay vat in the uk, but on eligible items if you buy as an American then you may be able to reclaim the vat for items you remove from the uk
The Frenchman cannot reclaim vat when he returns to France as we are both part of the EEC.
In the EEC we can buy accross borders without paying import duty - as long as we pay the tax if appropriate to the source country. But if we buy from America then import duties will be due as we have not paid any eec taxes even if we paid an American tax

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
On the subject of team costs:
Depends on how many are in the team (and what costs are incurred each or as a whole and shared) how they travel (cars, trains, planes) and how they accommodate (tents, hotels, motels, own rooms, all in one etc)

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
It used to cost me £500 an event inc some playing costs, and I went CHEAP as I could! Never could afford beers, or fancy food, just a basic meal, and site food. Cheapest flights/ferry, cheapest hotels.

PEBBLE

Toot de la fruit!
Nov 8, 2004
Cheers guys,

Also, I guess we have to take into account that some players bring their girlfriend's etc, so perhaps more money for airports/hotels etc...

Last edited:

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Side note, guys traveling with gf's, it always ended up going bad. They'd get jealous he'd be gone all day and still want to hang out late into the night with the guys, we'd get mad if he bailed early from a rousing drinking session or game planning.

I saw it happen to three guys on a 7 man team. Granted the rest of us had to call home for a good half hour a day, but that was better than the alternative.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
agreed on bringing along partners. unless they can go off and essentially have a holiday to themselves its hardly worth spending £100s for them to just squeeze in a bit of time with you players in the evening, and the likes of basildon and bitburg isn't what i'd call my top holiday destinations anyway.

Rubbish answer but cost all depends on A. how low budget you want to make it. and B. the event itself. For example you can try and use a chalet rather than individual hotel rooms, as well as hiring a big people carrier between you to keep costs down, and also shopping locally to make your own food rather than eating out every night all keeps costs down. As mentioned if your event is in a prime location, costs like food and hotels will be much more expensive. And for the love of god don't do what i did and miss your flight home, turned Rome in to one very expensive trip for me buying a whole new flight...

However if you plan and book well in advance (not 2 weeks before leaving), and just scrimp on things where you can then you can save several £100 as a team. quick tip with car hire, DON'T buy the companies own excess insurance, do a quick online search for car hire excess insurance and you can buy your own at a fraction of the price!

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
I was able to save 100-125 Euro by using my companies corp discount code for the car rental. That helped.

One thing thats true in the states, if you get a standard sized car for 5 days of rental, it's usually way cheaper than a smaller car for less days. It's some package deal. Look for those if possible. Eat cheap, pack tons of people into as few hotel rooms as possible, our 7 man used 2 rooms tops, hell with the new rules for Mills this year you can camp everywhere. So as cold and painful as that might be...it's an option.

We'd even rent cars to drive long distances to save the wear and tear on our cars. Rent a station wagon (estate I think in the UK now) and drive it 10-12 hours to an event. Make sure you get unlimited mileage though.

The actual numbers above that I quoted were what I just paid out for Puget. Granted I'm staying alone in a hotel room, and paying the car solo, so it's more expensive, I could have saved 50% on the hotel but I'm not going to stay at the road side stop and blow, or the trucker el molesto motel.

Marc0

IronWolf
Feb 18, 2004
Sleeping in Bracknell.
www.p8ntballer.com
I ran the finances for London Defiance for a couple of seasons so have a pretty good handle on the overall and individual costs.

For a team to play a full season of Millenniums including travel (flights, fuel, ferry/tunnel & tolls dependent on the event), accommodation, entry fees, ID cards and training at the event but NOT including paint works out around £9000.00 to £10,000.00 or £1500.00 per player.

Reactions: Jon S and Spikerz