Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

How much is too much?

Lunty88

May 22, 2016
Afternoon ladies and gents.
I joined the sport a few years back and have had a few markers, etek 3 then a tippmann bravo one, tm15 le, tgr2, hammer 7 (modded) and a couple of tipx 's. I had my eye one Dam for ages and finally last year scrimped and save £550 to buy one.
Since then I've purchased extra mags for it and put a mag plate on it.
Unfortunately last year my radiator burst upstairs and flooded my lounge below, this was a few weeks before my wedding so didn't have the money to fix it. Pulled all the remaining plasterboard down and got on with life finally I saved for new plasterboard but couldn't afford to plaster the room.

6 months has now passed and my lovely wife is very much sick of our unusable lounge.

So the time came to sell my Dam (cue violins)
I posted an add on Facebook and was immediately messaged! But my elation was short lived as questions poured in as to the internals of my marker.
A quick search and some helpful community posts led me to the information I needed, it turns out I had the original bolt and board. Very quickly I watched my £550 purchase turn into a £300 waste of time as I'm being told it's worthless.
Now I got some great advice and shot dye an email. They were extremely helpful and sent me a new version 2 bolt, I was also assured that the only difference between the boards is the original turns off after 15 mins without use.

My question now is... Is it unfair for me to expect £450 plus fees for a marker I paid £550 a year ago and have since purchased 5 20 round mags and now comes with a v2 bolt unused by any human?

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Welcome to the world of paintball where everyone wants the newest, latest, shiniest thing only to see it halve in value within 6 months.

Lunty88

May 22, 2016
Well I purposely didn't buy it new so that I didn't lose value just taking it out the box. Turns out I
Welcome to the world of paintball where everyone wants the newest, latest, shiniest thing only to see it halve in value within 6 months.

Kazary

Paintball Ro0kie
Jun 26, 2008
Essex
I don't really think you should have to sell something you love that quickly. Try and make it work, ask for overtime or something. Keep the DAM dream alive!!!