Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

How much paint do you shoot?

benepv

Aug 13, 2011
UK
Just doing some calculations and wondering how much paint you buy for a CPPS training day and a CPPS round in Div 4/5. Also, if a team were to pick you up just for one event would you be expected to pay the entry fee?

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Most teams pool paint. Which is fine if you are the back guy who says he can "lay the paint", then shoots a hopper and 5 pods at bunkers and hits nobody.

And yes, you would be expected to pay the entry fee, unless you are a well known player - that is, CPPS Elite Divsion level - who is helping the team out.

So I would say you should budget around £200 if you don't have a paint support deal. This should cover you for entry and pooled paint for a training day and a day's play. If you factor in travel, food & hotel, you are looking at more like £300.

benepv

Aug 13, 2011
UK
Most teams pool paint. Which is fine if you are the back guy who says he can "lay the paint", then shoots a hopper and 5 pods at bunkers and hits nobody.

And yes, you would be expected to pay the entry fee, unless you are a well known player - that is, CPPS Elite Divsion level - who is helping the team out.

So I would say you should budget around £200 if you don't have a paint support deal. This should cover you for entry and pooled paint for a training day and a day's play. If you factor in travel, food & hotel, you are looking at more like £300.
What do you mean about the paint support deal? Also, surely it wouldn't cost that much... 10 cases of paint / 5 players = £50 and then the entry fee which is £200 / 5 players = £40. So I work it out to be about £90 in total?

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
10 cases would barely cover consumption in the CPPS tournament, as that's only 2 cases per player

It also doesn't allow any extra for training