Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

How to safely dispose of an air bottle ?

Jun 3, 2007
Hi all,

I have a 1.1l inocom bottle that was made in 2006 and required testing / certification in 2011. Given that I can't sell this in its out of test state, and I don't want to pay for testing given how little I'm expecting to get for all of the gear together, how can I safely dispose of this ?

Thanks,

outkastmike

CUMBRIA
Jan 26, 2004
Cumbria
facebook.com
Dustbin.............or unless you want to waste a perfectly good Saturday morning then you could take it to your local recycle centre,who will then tell to "throw in the general waste skip mate" which then makes you feel like you should have just thrown it in the dustbin to start with and saved your Saturday morning for a nice long lie in instead.(y)

Snipey

Jun 23, 2011
Sidcup, Kent
www.samuraipaintball.com
I have wondered this same thing, if there was a particular method of disposing of air canisters....

....and what's this "lie in" you talk of. For the last three years, such words are but a myth in a household of a three year old ;)

outkastmike

CUMBRIA
Jan 26, 2004
Cumbria
facebook.com
People seem to treat old air bottles like there some kind of unexploded ordnance and feel the need to make special arrangments to dispose of them,i have disposed of a few old Co2 bottles and the odd air bottle over the years and have always removed the reg basically because it's can be reused or sold on.
If people want to faff about drilling holes in them and take them for long journeys to there local recycling centre or scrap yard then there welcome to,just dont see the point myself

Harbinger

DO NOT DO AS I SAY / POST / JOKE ABOUT
Jan 14, 2014
The Royal County
Just remember to refill it before you chuck it in the bin, give the bin men a nice big bang to wake them up.

Teach them to leave my wheelie bin in the middle of the driveway when I come home, clearly didn't learn from the last time I gave them some Asbestos to dispose of hidden in blackbags,

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Drilling holes in cylinders etc relates to those that have failed testing, and/or to the 'good old' days when bottle checking at sites was haphazard, people would bring in any old cylinder of any condition/age or using DOT cylinders at sites on their own scuba cylinders. Either because the site ran CO2 or the site ran air but refused to fill your invalid cylinder, but would top up your scuba and allow you to fill your cylinder from your scuba.

Then we had the infamous explosions (extremely fast fills and potential oil contamination)

People ought not to be able to fill unchecked cylinders at sites anymore, or do so deviously dodging bottle checks and then filling when the staff are not looking closely.

No matter what its the users resopnsibility, be responsible with the cylinders you use, and be sensible about disposong it.
There is no problem with putting it in the bin, and drain the air if you do.

Michael_Peat

Aug 17, 2014
Hi all,

I have a 1.1l inocom bottle that was made in 2006 and required testing / certification in 2011. Given that I can't sell this in its out of test state, and I don't want to pay for testing given how little I'm expecting to get for all of the gear together, how can I safely dispose of this ?

Thanks,
I need to get my bottle tested as it's well out of date. I know there's a list of recognised testers. Anyone got an idea about how much this costs? Or I may just throw mine away as well. Thanks.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
The cost is variable

I use £25 as a guide price, but it can be as little as £15
If any postage is involved then that rocks it up

The IDEST list covers those that can do the test, virtually every dive shop can take cylinders for testing but will be isn't an IDEST approved centre
They can get it to and from the centre more cheaply then you, but if you have a choice then the approved centre is obviously better

Dive centres can give varying quotes, some deliberately quote high prices if they are not interested in the paintballers business