The Home Of European Paintball

How to serve tea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Shelley

You will never burn your cheeks again, or suffer spillage, if you come to one of my Tea Service clinics.

It will change your life forever.

Seriously!

:)

Tony Harrison

Mar 13, 2007
More Tea Service

Tea will also be served at D7's North tomorrow - 3 May.

YT_69

Apr 2, 2008
hah, would you beleive it, i have this argument almost every day at work when i make the tea... here goes

The British standard 6008 , which describes in great detail how to make a cup of tea, says the water must be freshly drawn (to increase oxygen levels within the water as it is the catalyst in flavour transfer from tea leaves to water) and freshly boiling. It also says that milk should be placed in the cup first to avoid scalding the tea leaves and ruining the flavour, although some people have become acustom to the flavour of scalded tea and know no different.

BUT!

As british standard 6008 is IDENTICAL to international standard ISO 3103, this poses a further question... why cant you get a good cup of tea abroad?

I have that little speach practiced every day for arguments with my employees and customers :p i also have one thats against coffee too, but i wont go into that as it will upset people i presume

Jon

YT_69

Apr 2, 2008
1 cup of coffe per day with my weetabix then im on tea for the rest :)

sod it here goes :p

IMO: Coffee is a sign for the weak... we are BRITISH and the british empire was built on tea... we raped, we pillaged, we plundered... the sun never set on the british empire and we owned nearly 3/4's of the known world when we were drinking tea....

then came the devils invention... coffee... we started drinking coffee, and not much later than that we returned africa/india to its riteful owners, then america (sorry yanks) and then other places including hong kong etc...

coffee sucks :p

do you have any idea how much i LOVE winding my customers up with that one :p

NOTE: i dont actually beleive it, it just sounds like a good little speech and makes me sound momentarily that i know what im on about... untill you look into it a bit more.

Tony Harrison

Mar 13, 2007
Today, I will be instructing Disruption.....

......in the elegant art of serving tea.

Proper etiquette will be observed at all times.

A gentleman tea server in training (my 18 month old son, Tyler) will be observing and taking notes.

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
OK, so I've only just got around to reading this month's PGi, after I found it amongst the pile of mail that had collected, unloved, on my doormat, and I only now have I got what you're on about :eek:

Tony Harrison

Mar 13, 2007
Rabies

It's quicker than switching hands - try it and see how you like it.

(PS: I haven't seen the new PGI yet, so I'm looking forward to reading the article)

SHOG1

Registered (ANGEL) User
Jul 26, 2004
Wales
www.mh2paintballteam.tk
Tea!

Tea is for slack jawed Faggots!----Coffee should be drank only one way!-
1)spoon of very best coffee money could buy
2)can of Guinness

eat spoon of coffee,neck can(and two parcetamols-if your hard)
NO SLEEP TILL HOME TIME!!!!!!
:D

Tony Harrison

Mar 13, 2007
To clear up any further confusion......

......"Serving Tea" is the term given to a shooting technique which, personally speaking, allows me to shoot out of both sides of a bunker whilst presenting the minimal target area, and is much faster than switching hands.

The term derives from the position of your hands whilst adopting this technique, as it is the same movement you would use when passing a cup and saucer to someone.

As I am right-handed, my left hand supports the saucer - or the ASA of my marker - whilst my right hand is around the grip, or the handle of the cup.

Hence the term, "Serving Tea".

To shoot out either side of a bunker, simply shift your tank between shoulders.

Try it - I think you will find that it is much faster and smoother than switching hands.

You may have Served Tea already, without realising it.

Coach Jedi Paul Richards is familiar with this technique, and I am grateful to his team - TBD - for making me a better player.

Fellow tea servers should feel free to correct me if the above description is incorrect in any way.

Coincidentally, I do drink a lot of tea, with a lot of sugar.

Please forgive the lateness of the hour at which I am posting this - my baby son recently woke up crying, and now I can't get back to sleep.

YT_69

Apr 2, 2008
yeh yeh, caffeine junky :p the kids just an excuse!
you woke up for your early morning hit ;)

ADMIT IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.