Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

How would you go about this? (issue with a popular paintball retailer)

mikester

Dec 21, 2008
Nottingham, UK
okay first off, sorry if this is in the wrong section, i couldn't find an 'off topic' type place.

so i bought a proto camo tip from fat bobs paintball via there website, i;m sure you've all heard of the place. i paid via paypal, now i recieve the item only its not the proto its the dye tip. i can appreciate whats happened here as i've been left a not on the invoive reading 'no proto - upgrade t dye'.
the thing is, i have a proto pmr camo, so the dye tip would look absolutely riidiculous on the end of this marker, not only that but i wasn't told the proto tip was out of stock, if i had have been advised there was no chance of getting the item i actually paid for, i'd have declined the gesture and saved the hassle.

i sent an email to fat bobs paintball, to which i got no response to so after 2 days i open up a dispute via paypal stating wrong item sent, just keeping this official to protect myself.

i simply copy the email in the paypal message and sned the dispute. i recieve a reply along the lines of, 'return the item and we'll refund you for the item and the postage back to us'. brilliant, or so i thought. 10 days after posting the barrel off i'd not heard a word, or recieved any money.

2 days ago i visited the resolution centre in paypal and sent another message through there asking whats going on. (paypal say to keep all comms through the resolution centre so any claim can be fully investigated). and still nothing, so 12 days after initially posting the barrel back to fat bobs i'm still out of pocket, i obtained proof of postage and it was sent recorded, so someone has signed for it. my name, address and order number were included in the package i sent back.

what can i do now? i have to wait unil the 14th Aug before i can raise the dispute to a claim, but i'd rather this all get sorted before it comes to that.

i have ordered from fat bobs paintball before, and aside from the postage costs been far too much i've not had a problem.

example of the postage issue, the barrel sent to me was in its box which was sealed in a turned inside out parcel package that was sent to fabobs from another delivery, then sent to me 1st class recorded at a cost of £2.37. the last item i ordered was a trigger and an ASA and that was £6 p&p too, arrived in the same vein.

i know i'm going to end up out of pocket whatever happens as i won't receive the cost of me posting the barrel back when/if paypal investigate and just refund me what i paid.

maybe someone reading this is a friend/repeat customer and personally knows of andy or bob and can maybe pass a gentle word in their ears to remind them of my situation?

any advice would be greatly recieved, thanks for reading

Shady8688

Platinum Member
Sep 23, 2006
Selby
call the shop tonight it closes at 5 and speak to tony and he'll help you out -01757 289777

and no he hasn't tom

mikester

Dec 21, 2008
Nottingham, UK
have you put this on their forum
i didn't know there was one. i will have a look now. thanks.

call the shop tonight it closes at 5 and speak to tony and he'll help you out -01757 289777

and no he hasn't tom

bummer just missed 5pm. i am supposed to keep all comms inside of the resolution centre though, they have replied through there before so i don't see why they can't respond to that?

Leezo

Official Planet Eclipse Tech
Aug 21, 2007
Leadgate
Still try sorting out direct because if it does get sorted you can always close the dispute. If nothing does get sorted you can continue with the dispute.

Shady8688

Platinum Member
Sep 23, 2006
Selby
i didn't know there was one. i will have a look now. thanks.

bummer just missed 5pm. i am supposed to keep all comms inside of the resolution centre though, they have replied through there before so i don't see why they can't respond to that?
it'll be alot quicker to call the shop mon morning and speak to them directly

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
I would go round to the store ,throw a cinder block thought the display window drag the manager out the shop over the broken glass (by his lips),make him put his teeth against the curb American history X stylee and tap dance on his head...

Of course I would phone first, just in case.