Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

HP laptops

Mag2.0

Mar 27, 2009
Hi guys, needed a new laptop so i purchased a hp. It was either that or a slightly duller looking acer. both pretty much same spec. However people are telling me i should have gone with the acer rather than the hp because the hp's are extremely unreliable?

Can anyone comment on this?
Dont personally have much experiance of laptops so cannot comment.

cheers

balf

Mr Fantastico
May 20, 2006
Stealing Al's PC parts
Just put an acer sticker on the top, then you're "acer" lappy won't be troubled by HP's being unreliable.

But seriously, It's all about teh hardware and what you do with it, if you go to the naughty places on the interwebs you're going to get an STD. If you keep it in check it'll see you fine.

jack_judge

Tree or not #1 Member
Mar 7, 2008
Cambridgeshire
As balf says it should be fine A family member bought an acer and it died within a year from downloading soo much rubbish. I have had my dell for nearly 6 years and its still surviving...Barely

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
the problem i have come across with my HP pavillion laptop is vertical line syndrome.

it's about 3 1/2 years old now - which apparently isn't bad going for the syndrome on pavillions.

basically - if you leave them running for a long time, and the insides are a little dusty, the motherboard overheats around the onboard graphics area (or something probably a bit more technical than that...). basically the output to the screen begins to fail, generating a set of pixel thick vertical lines on the screen. some individually, some clustered.

i now have about 15 of the littel gits and another one coming and going. the laptop still functions fine, and apparently plugging to an external monitor is fine - it'as just a pain in the a$$ for watching stuff on iplayer :rolleyes: