Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

I don't like to talk about my charity work....

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
A lot of you know that I work in a school, where I provide support for kids with disabilities/learning difficulties. What with being a special school, we are constantly fundraising to buy new equipment and to provide new facilities for the kids. One of the things that we have been trying to raise cash for is a hydrotherapy pool, where some of the more disabled kids can have therapy sessions (I don’t know too much about the mechanics of this part). The pool will cost upwards of £100,000 so fundraising has been a long process.

Anyway, to the crux. I was talking to my head of department just after the summer holidays, and he asked what I’d been doing, to which I told him that I cycled a lot. We talked a bit more, and I said that it was a bit of an ambition of mine to do a long ride, like Land’s End to John O’Groats. So he came up with the idea that if I raise £1000 worth of sponsorship for the HydroPool, he’d give me time off to do just that. So my (serious) training is to begin soon, my ride will be starting at the end of March, and I am starting to collect sponsors now.

I, and the school would be super grateful if any of you would care to sponsor me, any amount would be greatly appreciated. Also, I’ll probably auction off my cycling shorts after the ride, so be ready to grab a sweaty bargain :)
Paypal address, if you fancy donating stchristophersbikeride@googlemail.com

Thanks for reading!

Sponsorship so far:
£205

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
How will you be collecting contributions, via justgiving.com or paypal?

More than willing to divert some of the funds that I would waste on buying more kit to a worthy cause! ;)

Tincs

retired from reality :-)
Nov 9, 2007
NEWQUAY
hello cook$
ok i live in NEWQUAY so it will be quite obvious you will be passing this way.
what are you doing about sleeping /camping ect as i own a guest house and if you fancy it then i should be able to sort out a nice bed with a breakfast...pm me and we can go over the bits and pieces..would like some preferred date if poss as march onwards is the silly season.
last thing is get up some sort of poster and i will post up on my notice board.
will not give the address on the forum but will send via pm .

all the best
john :cool:

mophead

dont really care
Apr 15, 2007
Newcastle
yep cooks am in we do alot of work for the northern conties school for deaf in newcastle. so if i can help these kids spot on ...

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
cook$, If you drop me a pm at the end of january, i will gladly sponsor you, the only reason i cant do it now is because im running short on cash as i saw this after i bought some new items. if you could remind me at the end of january i'll help sponsor you.

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Cook$, wish you all the best with both the long term project and the ride. Dunno if you have gone through the finer points like logistics? I.E. getting to LE & getting home from JOG before and after the ride, getting your bike serviced/set up for the ride (like getting a local bike shop involved). I would also suggest setting up a just giving page as it widens the scope of your sponsorship opportunities.