Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Illegal or not

DeepPyro

Burn Baby Burn
Sep 8, 2005
Durham, England
WWW.vudoo.co.uk
I wouldn't go anywhere near the Homeoffice.

You would just flag up an issue for them to make themselves look good in the public eye.

I can see Tony Blair now.

"We have found wide abuses of the firearms act, to make sure little Timmy can't get hurt, we are banning them all!"

Yes it is knee jerking, but look what happened to pistols.

DP

slam

Euro, ICPL and ECPL ref.
Feb 27, 2002
North Yorkshire
I spoke to the home office about a month ago to clarify whether a marker fell under the fire arms act.
The person I spoke to checked up and got back to me a couple of days later saying that paintball markers do not fall under this act as long as they didn't shoot over 330 fps.
On full auto yes thats illegal in the UK, so are all burst modes and ramping falls into a massive grey area, which obviously i didn't mention to the Home office.

just my 2 pence worth:)

TheRenton

P8nt'in Yo Face Since 03
With regards to the law on paintball markers, always go through the UKPSF, they have been on contact with the Home Office on laws for years now and Steve knows which areas are taboo and which aren't.
Going to the Home Office yourself could stir up some problems seen as you don't really know what you are talking about. :)

Btw, I think it's 50 metres from a local highway or public area.

Bully

Jul 12, 2001
Rochdale UK
www.playpaintball.co.uk
Very Boring

I have been asked by one of the thread posters to add my opinions

I have answered this type of thread so many times it gets boring.

Dead simple - legal or illegal - forget these words for the time being

The Home Office are very happy with the way paintball "self governs" itself - they don't get involved and we don't give them the opportunity to get involved. WHY because we stick to semi automatic (although ramping is allowed at certain events) so we eliminate the burst fire, fully auto etc....

Now who decided if something is LEGAL - not the UKPSF , not the Home Office (in the absence of a law in black and white) but a court of law. So if a semi auto paintball gun firing PAINTBALLS and under 12ft/lbs goes into court it is simple it is LEGAL. If a full auto paintball marker goes into court firing ball bearings at 350fps it will be ILLEGAL - simple. But if a full auto marker firing paintballs goes into court then it is UP TO THE JUDGE TO DECIDE if it is legal or illegal.

So to eliminate a court every having to decide the UK is semi auto (or ramping) firing frangible paintballs and then we will never have a problem. So clearly for the question to be asked there are some of you out there who want to use full auto markers.

Simple if you get it confiscated by the police and it goes to the forensic science service and then the police decide to prosecute then YOU have put paintball in the dock. The outcome is irrelevant as the publicity will do the damage (I know as I have been there defending paintball on behalf of the UKPSF) - The national newspaper head line "Fully automatic weapons on our street capable of firing ball bearings" so what happens now - some MP looking to make a name for him or herself picks it up and then it is "ban these idiots with fully auto guns" we then become the easy target. If the might of hunting and shooting can't protect themselves against the Government what hope have a couple of hundred paintballers. So one person who wants to go against the agreed policy of semi automatic gets paintball BANNED.

Another avenue you need to consider is insurance, currently paintball sites and event organisers who have insurance will be insured under UKPSF guidelines. If an event organisers allows modes other than semi ask to see their insurance policy. So if an injury occurs as a result of someone using a fully auto paintball marker the insurance company will say “was it a semi - NO well it is your responsibility”. That is then the player using the markers responsibility.

Simple stick to semi we don’t have a problem !!!

Hopefully I have answer points raised until the next person wants to start using anything other than semi.

Incidentally if you want to get the Home Office involved then keep contacting them eventually they will make time to look into paintball and then we might create a few problems for ourselves. That is what the UKPSF does !!! Join now at http://www.ukpsf.com/join.asp

Steve