The Home Of European Paintball

Illegal or not

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
Thanks for clearing that up Bully. :)

As for the <rap posted before. Smudge, why dress opinion up as fact?

smudge1989 said:
Blah blah blah, some thing he had copied and pasted ...The recent amendment included carbon dioxide as an approved propellant...blah blah
Recent? Do you even have a clue?
smudge1989 said:
FOUND IT!!!!
Where? Is that actually in the act? Goodness me, how could we all have missed it. :rolleyes: Or is it maybe just another interpretation you've read elsewhere.

O

ollytheosteo

I love Steve so much.....dammit where's my love smiley?

Just remember the ban on air cartridge revolvers etc recently- made no sense, did nothing but still cost me about £800 as my lovely Orion became a section 1 firearm. The whole thing was inspired by lies told in the papers and the politicians jump on the legislative bandwagon so they can be seen to be 'doing something' about 'gun crime in Britain's streets'. My brother is currently awaiting an imminent ban on his airsoft fun, and has had to read about how the plastic toys they use 'can easily be converted to fire live ammunition'. All horse**** but the papers and politicians don't care and the same could happen to us in a heartbeat. Join the UKPSF!!

Equinox

Go Ball Deep!!!
smudge..

not trying to be rude...

But the laws regaurding paintball & firing modes is quite easy to track down, on the UKPSF site, and many topics on many forums over many years...

Why on earth are you still asking questions about it???

people have said many times Ramping is a grey area, full auto and 3 shot burst are illegal...

in fact, im running of memory here but i think it specificly states any mode where more than one ball per trigger pull is classed as illegal,

hence why ramping is a grey area, as ramping is semi as long as you fire slow, and when you do ramp, it stops firing inmstantly when you do but sticks to the 1 shot pretty much for the duration of the last pull

Response mode is also dodgy..

Equinox,

Like smudge, you seem to be passing the UKPSFs guidelines as the law itself.

The actual law, the Firearms act is nowhere near as as clear cut.

Trying to interpret it in a simpler way, then passing that interpretation off as fact is misleading.

Ultimately the Home Office have yet to decide which modes of fire are legal and which arent. That is a decision we would rather they never make and as long as we continue to support the UKPSF we will have the best chance of survival.

TheGurkha

WeSellCookers
Mar 15, 2006
BIRMINGSPAM
www.facebook.com
just curious about the 'distance from a main road' guide-line- did anyone go to Campaign Cup(NEC) last year? the "have a go" field (open to the public), wasnt mores than 20 metres away from the main road and a roundabout!!

baker21

Wolf City Union
Nov 26, 2005
west midlands
Visit site
It is also an offence to discharge a firearm, including an airgun, within 50 feet of the centre of any highway. This includes roads, bridle-paths or public footpaths. The offence is complete if a member of the public is injured, endangered or even just alarmed by the incident.
this includes air guns,so if i remember what some1 else said in this post paintball markers are classed as,and this info is from the police website

http://www.met.police.uk/firearms-enquiries/airguns2.htm