Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Im a newb, advice needed

MrJerryCan

Sep 8, 2014
So I'm looking to start paintballing in the suffolk area, I don't mind scenario or speedball. Now I was wondering what places are good to just go and train/get advice from other players.
I'm planning on getting a Invert mini with a vlocity jr, is that a decent setup to start off??
Also what other essentials should I get.
thanks

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
No requirement for the carbon fibre bottle

A standard 'steelie' which will realy be aluminium costs about £30, can take up to 3000psi which is the fill available at most sites, is probably marked for 5 years life before test (but in the uk is valid for 10 years for aluminiums), and will last forever if you went to the effort of getting it retested

A standard fibre cylinder costs about £150, can take up to 4500psi, can be used for 5 years between tests and has a maximum 15 year life (and is viable for testing due to its cost/replacement)

The standard fibre is bigger than a standard aluminium which means the weight saving of the lighter type is insignificant. Only when you have equivalent cylinders is the saving noticable such as a 48ci stubby fibre cylinder because it is the same capacity as a standard aluminium

To make weight savings with light cylinders then ultralight cylinders such as safer are truely light. But cost a bit more and have a 10 year maximum life

Money wise aluminium cylinders give the best vfm for air per £ even if you throw them away every 5 years

Fibres are best selected as the particular size / shape to ergonomicaly fit you

Unless you go to some shops or ask people to try theirs so that you can find the best balance for you then I recommend sticking to an aluminium cylinder first and putting £120 saved into other items or playing

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
For average days a standard aluminium 3000psi cylinder will cover all needs:
(Unless it's a co2 punter site)

Sufficient capacity for a reasonable amount of shooting, easily enough for a 5 minute tournament
Plenty for a 30 minute to 1 hour woods game unless you longball and rip paint constantly from the start
Site fills will probably be 3000psi

If you ask what bottle to get then you are not yet ready for a fibre cylinder, search the forum for info about fibre cylinders. They should be chosen for the ideal ergonomic size and shape for you

MrJerryCan

Sep 8, 2014
For now I would say maybe a 3000psi 1.1 ltr, standard metal, no need getting a carbon fibre one just yet, see if you can go to a walk on day at some point, people will be more than happy to help you out if you wanna try some on for comfort and stuff like that
- J

LukeSmith

May 2, 2011
Wales, UK
For now I would say maybe a 3000psi 1.1 ltr, standard metal, no need getting a carbon fibre one just yet, see if you can go to a walk on day at some point, people will be more than happy to help you out if you wanna try some on for comfort and stuff like that
- J
Thanks!