Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

I'm new but want to get better :)

fatrix_1

Getting There ;)
Feb 1, 2007
Hi i'm new to paintballing (well been about 3/4 times) but i really enjoyed it, however i dont know if i'm any good because i hardly got hit even though i was in the middle of the fights :S(might be because i'm skinny and can hide behind almost anything hehe)
but anyway i was wondering if there was anywhere that offers training or advice or something along those lines to help me get better.

i was thinking of getting:
* Icon Z Marker
* Halo LCD Frontman Hopper
* 20-oz CO2 Tank
* V-Force Shield Pro Goggles
as my first set up.

Any help would be great thanks
Also is there anywhere near cambridge where i can take my own paintballs and shoot off a few roundswithout paying £40 a time? thanks

KitsuneAndy

Platinum Member
Hi i'm new to paintballing (well been about 3/4 times) but i really enjoyed it, however i dont know if i'm any good because i hardly got hit even though i was in the middle of the fights :S(might be because i'm skinny and can hide behind almost anything hehe)
but anyway i was wondering if there was anywhere that offers training or advice or something along those lines to help me get better.

i was thinking of getting:
* Icon Z Marker
* Halo LCD Frontman Hopper
* 20-oz CO2 Tank
* V-Force Shield Pro Goggles
as my first set up.

Any help would be great thanks
Also is there anywhere near cambridge where i can take my own paintballs and shoot off a few roundswithout paying £40 a time? thanks

it really depends on what type of paintball you want to play in the long run really. are you looking at playing woodsball and sticking with it? or do you want to play sup air?

personally, i'd get a second hand marker, you'll get something much better than the Icon for the same money. i'd also stay away from Co2 if any of your local sites use air, you'd be much better off with that. it's cleaner and easier to refill.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Depends what level of paintball you want to play. Are you interested in playing tournament paintball, or improving your rec-ball (site play) skills.

Game

Doing men things to men in the woods atm
Nov 21, 2004
Dereham,Norfolk
ok then dont buy atm

if you have a car come over to snetterton for the day about a 40 min drive from cambridge they will loan you a full setup for the day for about £15

think the next day its open is the 11th but best to check

the icon realy wouldnt be worth your money in the long run but still good fun in the woods

best to spend the money on a decent gogs and air not co2 frontman hopper will do a job for you but again 2nd hand you can get that or a cheap revvy for a lot less

then you could proberly pickup a cheap marker better than a icon for the same price certain lots of people have stuff kicking around in cuboards

for a decent woodlands walkon skirmish in norfolk run them at both sites but uncertain on numbers but again they rent out the gear for punters who want to try a walkon with owngunners

fatrix_1

Getting There ;)
Feb 1, 2007
well 1st i want to get better and see how it goes and if it is good an i get better etc then i'll try a few tourns.....is woodsball where your diving in and out trees and crawling through mud? cause thats the only type i've played lol but i was just wondering if i can go somewhere and offload some paint because i cant afford £10 entry and then about £80 a box of 2000 a week lol
is the gun i found any good the price? for that package is £140...i was looking at elctric guns but i dont really need the shooting modes atm

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
The trouble is to get your paint cheaper you'll need to go to walk-on days. And to do this you'll need your own gear, and better gear than what you've listed.

fatrix_1

Getting There ;)
Feb 1, 2007
what would you reccomend?...keep it cheap though lol cause i might not last long but hopefully it will:p

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
If you give it a bit of time someone from your area will pop on here and let you know of a site close to you that has a type of walk on day that you can go to and see if it's what you're after.
The other option is a big game day, where the paint is cheaper and the play is better.