Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Importing from the UK - an experiment!

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Importing to the UK - an experiment!

OK, following the advice of others on this board I have decided to take a dive and order some kit from abroad and will let you know about delivery times, VAT charges, customs duty etc as and when it happens.

This is my first set of paintball equipment and like many people ordering their first batch of kit, low price was a deciding factor for me. I have just ordered the following pieces of kit...

M3 Black Dragun
JT Flex7 Thermal Goggles
Viewloader 12v Revolution Hopper

I have ordered from www.canadianpaintball.com as they were the only company that answered my email promptly. Having said that, I have just received an email from www.paintball-online.com who have quoted me $311.50 (US dollars) including 3 day shipping which would have been cheaper still - nevermind!

The company would not mark the parcel as 'warranty/replacement' as this would jepordise their import/export licence (can't really blame them!) although they assured me that all markers are labelled with the correct Llb/si ratio etc

Total price including delivery to the UK = 514.23 (Canadian Dollars) which equates to £211.20

So, fingers crossed it gets here OK and I don't get crucified with extra charges. It may end out dearer than buying in the UK but hopefully this info will be of use to anyone else thinking about importing.

Obviously if I get charged VAT (likely) it will bump it up to £248.16, plus I run the risk of import duty etc.

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
Way to go, i've had a fair few things from the US, not many problems before. Are they sending the invoice separatly?

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Brilliant - yes, thanks. Do you know anyone who has a 20oz CO2 bottle for sale that will fit one of these things? It'll save me a trip to Planet in Manchester if you do...